Leavy is rapidly expanding to become one of the world’s largest online travel experiences!
We are currently building our global Marketing organization and seeking Marketing leaders as we increase our market share internationally. In this role, you will be a key driver of the evolution and growth of our brand.
As VP of communications you will be charged with the mission of developing a holistic communications strategy for the business, inclusive of branding, public relations and social media strategy. Your primary responsibility will be to establish our brand presence as we grow and scale to become the world's most transformational travel experience.
Reporting to the CMO, you will work with leaders at Leavy along with external stakeholders (PR agency and creative agency) to maximize Leavy’s global exposure, and will be the primary point person with respect to the press. Ideally you have experience in your own start-up or an experience within a start-up / scale-up as well as the travel industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a communications team covering all PR and Social media responsibilities
- Build connections with media and key journalists through a mix of channels, from traditional to digital and social.
- Ensure that our PR efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals
- Establish a media relations plan, with actionable strategies for high-level placements
- Engage with other departments to ensure that the PR campaigns are aligned with all company strategic goals and relevant plans for growth
- Drive and manage Public Relations agencies with respect to all public relations activities
- Launch social media strategy to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years experience in marketing communications or public relations
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Excellence knowledge of the social media landscape and experience managing a social media team
- Exceptional oral and written communications