As a designer at XING, you will be part of a team of dedicated copywriters, UI and UX designers and user researchers distributed across our Hamburg, Barcelona, Porto and Valencia offices. We work with product owners, product managers and developers to create products that deliver real value to our users. We explore new opportunities, technologies and services, and continuously test and optimise our products to meet our users' needs.
You will be a key player in defining or Jobs products with the support of other disciplines such as Interaction Designers, Copywriters and User researchers based in Hamburg, in order to create beautiful and engaging products.
A challenging task
- Define design standards that work globally across all XING products on web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Adopt and transfer brand guidelines to perform new outstanding interface designs.
- Apply user-centered design to come up with solutions our users will love.
- Create production-quality graphics and artwork for new features and enhancements based on concepts, designs, and specifications in close collaboration with Product Managers and Interaction Designers.
- Create and establish beautiful designs and layouts with a consistent look and feel.
- Develop clickable prototypes, and final designs, based on concepts, wireframes, and product specifications you define with a cross-discipline team.
- Work closely with developers and support them by handing off detailed visual design specifications.
- Contribute to our Design System by providing new components that can be reused throughout the platform.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues on-site and in remote locations.
A convincing background
- At least 3 years of experience designing consumer-facing products and using emerging technologies for web, mobile, and other devices.
- You have a degree in design or a related field – or you are a career changer with extensive relevant experience.
- You have an online portfolio or samples of your work you can show to demonstrate your expertise.
- Experience with the entire product design cycle, from research, to wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, through to the final design and implementation.
- Proficient in tools such as Sketch, Principle, and other prototyping tools.
- Experience or familiarity with Design Systems.
- You are able to communicate clearly and to foster a strong team bond.
- You can communicate your design solutions eloquently and convincingly.
- You are passionate about tech.
- You are intrinsically motivated to both points out problems and suggest solutions.
- You must have a good level of English. English is our official working language.
As an addition to your strong UI skills, some of the additional points would be beneficial.
- Experience or familiarity with agile teams and agile development.
- Illustration skills.
- Experience in motion design for user interfaces.
Please, send your CV in English :)
An inspiring environment
- The opportunity to share knowledge with more than 60 UI Designers, Interaction Designers, Researchers and Copywriters.
- A user testing lab and weekly sessions of design critiques.
- Opportunity of joining one or more of our many interest groups (Guilds) which focus on a specific topic, such as illustration, motion, animation, photography, etc.
- The possibility to travel to Hamburg for knowledge sharing, training, user tests, and cross-office collaboration.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible working hours that support your work-life balance.
- Opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones.
- Regular team and offsite events, and conferences.
- Work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week.
- Free drinks and fruit as well as restaurant vouchers and German/Spanish lessons.
- Flexible compensation plan (health insurance/ transport/ nursery tickets).
- Competitive salary with a permanent contract and 30 days of vacation (26+4).
- High-end MacBook Pro and a Mobile device for your personal use.