We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. This position is not for the faint-hearted. In 2017 we grew 1200%, were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, and were featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
We need you to keep the fast pace! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We’re looking for an experienced Vice-President of Sales who is obsessed with Explosive Growth, Employee engagement and Customer Happiness. Someone who is hungry, dependable, ethical, hands-on, and people-focused.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and based at our HQ in Barcelona, as a seasoned VP of Sales you will grow the GMV to 1 Billion by 2020 while delivering exceptional employee engagement and strong Unit Economics (i.e. Month to recover CAC, GMV per sales resource). You will understand the importance of an insanely customer-focused culture, and will be able to give real examples of your own experiences with B2B SaaS sales within hypo-growth successful companies to develop specific plans for instilling this culture in our company.
You might be the right person if you lead with a customer first mindset understanding consultative sales, excel at selling to Mid-size companies (100-2000 employees) within Europe, are able to create a sales plan that scales smoothly according to our business strategy, and have the ability to leverage strong processes and tools to properly manage the sales life cycle in order to achieve our ambitious goals.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
Beyond the requirements listed above
and below, you must possess both a proven track record and a genuine
hunger to scaling, lead, and develop high-performing sales teams by
being a role model that leads by example, so be ready to roll-up your
What will you do:
- Team Management
- Hire, onboard, and train people at an exceptional level.
- Lead a team of 3 Team Leaders / 20 Sales People (SDR, BDR, Account Directors and Strategic Account Managers) and grow it to 7 team Leaders / 100 Sales People in the next 2 years
- Maintain exceptional Employee performance, happiness and engagement.
- Ensure effective coaching, mentoring and further development of your team.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to manage budgets and sales tools.
- Develop efficient processes to improve continuously the productivity of the sales team.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan designed to grow the GMV to 1B while maintaining strong Unit Economics.
- Design comprehensive plans to attack new markets and implement them successfully.
- Report on Key Sales Indicator to the Chief Commercial Officer and the Leadership Team.
What you need to have (a reference check will be done at the end of the process):
- 7+ years of sales leadership experience within an international, well-known, fast-growing, successful B2B software company, ideally selling SaaS, dealing with high pressure.
- Proven strong team management experience > you have scaled a sales team from 10s to 100s of sales reps as the direct manager of the team (not support roles).
- You know what it takes to be a top-performer, and are a role model who is able to coach, mentor and develop likewise.
- Proven successful experience leading the sales growth from 5M ARR to 20-50M ARR, selling to Mid-size companies (100-2000 employees).
- You have
- Opened new markets from scratch in Europe and know what it takes to do it at scale
- Worked in fast growth high-pressure environment
- A strong understanding of the European B2B market
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing) the connections between larger business goals/mission/strategy and sales targets to any type of stakeholder.
- An extremely Analytical & Data-Driven DNA -> Among others, you have:
- a strong talent for stats and analytics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- the ability to talk in numbers, and only use opinions when the search for data yields no results.
- a clear knowledge of the ins and outs of your Sales KPIs, always have the numbers at your fingertips and enjoy analyzing performance through data.
- an expert level using MS Excel and sales management tools.
- Strong passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning sales strategy to achieve business goals while making difficult trade-off decisions.
- Being Very well organized -> You excel at taking a big idea and breaking it down into an actionable project, process, or tasks to execute on. You have great prioritization and focusing skills, and you believe in 80/20.
- You are Accountable and Pragmatic: You always deliver and have a startup mindset, which means you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- Strong sense of ownership -> You always assume responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- Resilient -> You have a strong character, perseverance, and grit, while you are humble and ready to give and get feedback understanding it as an opportunity to grow or help others do so.
- Competitive nature -> you are results-driven, motivated by challenge, over-achiever in everything you do and have a winner mentality.
- Strong executioner -> You have a talent for simplifying complex ideas and making them happen. You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
- Team Player -> Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution.
- Technically capable -> you have a passion for technology, data, process, and problem-solving. You quickly understand how to use, set-up and integrate a wide array of technologies independently.
- Inspired -> You are passionate and can inspire others. The idea of learning how to grow a company pumps you up, and are ready to roll up your sleeves to make that happen.
- Independent -> You don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Comfortable working outside of the comfort zone if needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a Private health scheme or the Gym Allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify your income and increase the net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, and we can help with work permit requirements if needed.
-English is the official language at the office.
-TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
The company is funded by a team of entrepreneurial executives with deep market expertise, including leadership-level experience, at one of the most successful players in the online travel industry.
Are you ready for your next trip? Next destination: TravelPerk!