Zinio is the leader in the digital media eCommerce industry and expanding into b2b Software-as-a-Service, as the premier digital platform for magazines.
Naviga, our parent company, is the leading provider of software and services powering the global media industry. Our content management, advertising management, subscription management, OTT and mobile solutions help companies drive profitability and accelerate digital business models. With regional offices throughout the world, Naviga is a trusted partner serving over 10,000 news media, broadcast, magazine, financial services and corporate clients in 45 countries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software engineering team and lead the development and technical evolution of their platforms and digital content services. The area of responsibility is ample and covers the entire technology offering, including mobile and web products as well as APIs and backend.
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and mentorship as well as business acumen and understanding whilst also being extremely technically minded and capable. We are looking for this individual to be based in Barcelona, but flexibility for punctual travel to US or other Zinio / Naviga locations might be required.
- Lead development across platforms and microservices.
- Design and iterate underlying architecture of software systems.
- Oversee work of junior to senior-level software engineers and data scientists.
- Engage in code-reviews and unblocking of work being performed by other engineers.
- Serve as technical advisor to management on purchase of 3rd-party tools and software implementation complexity to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate on product strategy and report on implementation progress to Chief Product Officer.
- Take the initiative and keep high product quality and velocity.
- 10+ years Experience building and scaling enterprise-level SaaS platforms in digital content industry platforms strongly preferred.
- 10+ years Experience building highly scalable application. Preferable with the following stack: PHP, Symphony, NodeJS & ReactJS, ElasticSearch, MySL, Postgres, Redis, and Swift and Kotlin for mobile development. Software testing knowledge and SOLID principles. Experience working in the cloud (preferred AWS) and in DevOps concepts. CICD, IaaC, Docker, ECS, etc.
- 10+ years Experience with development and scaling of web and mobile products and technology stack, iOS – Swift, Android – Kotlin.
- Strong experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like RESTFul APIs, GraphQL APIs, Autoscaling/Load-balancing and Containers/Microservices.
- Demonstrated experience building, deploying and bug-fixing complex but well-architected, maintainable, and testable application backends.
- Solid experience with web and mobile front end applications including responsive applications and mobile native applications.
- Ample exposure to data-intensive applications and familiarity with big-data storage, analysis, business intelligence and machine-learning.
- Strong object-oriented programming and test-driven development skills.
- Extensive experience with microservices.
- 5+ years of demonstrated strong leadership in similar team and department size (40 people approx.).
- Proven track record applying mature mindset and capacity to lead within technology area but also in wider company/ business / product context.
- Thrives in situations where strong ability to mitigate and solve conflicts is key.
- Extraordinary team player and people person who knows how to balance people first with business priorities.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a multicultural environment and manage a world-class team.
- Amazing office (and views!).
- Training budget.
- Flexible schedule and working from home.
- Flexible salary plan (health insurance, meal and public transportation cards).
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.