As a visual effects artist, there’s nothing you can’t do. You can use particle systems (from explosions to flares), dazzle the world with animated sequences, and work your magic with advanced materials. Right now, there’s just one thing between you and greatness – applying for this job!
Check out the game plan
- Produce visual effects for our games, including particle systems and animated sequences.
- Follow concept art, storyboards, and written descriptions in order to prototype and implement FX in our games.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to help create and maintain FX art direction for our games.
- Work closely with the internal art and programming teams.
- Create FX textures, using simple geometry and UVs.
- Optimize FX for frame rate and memory usage.
- Produce optimized materials/shaders.
Put your superpowers to work
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues.
- Assist in solving technical problems to ensure smooth, consistent gameplay.
- Communicate well with producers and artists in order to adhere to scheduled deadlines.
- Work effectively and efficiently as part of the team in a multilingual environment.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example attitude.
- Good timing and animation sense.
- Self-directed and independent working style.
Share your top score
- 3+ years of experience in game development.
- Strong artistic and technical background (e.g. animation, game development, graphics, etc.).
- Experience using Unity Editor or similar game engine.
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with Photoshop and Maya.
- Basic shader and C# coding knowledge.
- Experience with Houdini and writing shaders in CG or other shading language is a plus.
Play bonuses and perks on repeat
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employment relationship with Outfit7 Barcelona subsidiary.
- Trial Period applies
- Diverse work in a relaxed, international environment taking on exciting daily challenges as part of a talented young team.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Participation in attractive projects.
An attractive compensation package will be constructed, consisting of a base salary and participation in a profit-sharing scheme.