Fairphone is a social enterprise driving change in the electronics industry from the inside out. Its business model is based on social values and securing continuity and centers around producing and marketing smartphones in a way that puts social and environmental values first.We are looking for an experienced Validation Engineer to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below.
About your Role
As our new Validation Engineer, you will manage and safeguard product quality & interoperability before delivering the product to the customer. You will complete the feedback loop between the field and product development and be the face of the customer into product development organization. On a daily basis you will monitor product quality and report and follow up on field issues. You will act as Fairphone's product validation point for our internal team as well as the external contact point together with the Validation Manager for operator specific testing.
You work within the Engineering team and ensure that the product design deliveries are validated according to Fairphone's quality & validation processes.
You are an exceptional Validation Engineer and have a strong understanding of validation practices, specifications and product features of smartphones.
- You have entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in an international and fast-paced company.
- You are hands-on, take initiative and see opportunities where others see issues, and apply them via constructive, creative thinking.
- You are flexible and love the work environment of a start-up/scale-up company.
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functional with people from different levels of seniority, cultures and backgrounds.
- You feel a strong and intrinsic connection with Fairphone’s vision, mission and values.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands and have the right to work within the EU.
Support the product validation procedure by managing technical issues between customers and the Product Developmentteam.
- Manage internal and external friendly user testing.
- Manage internal field testing by planning the trips, reserving needed equipment’s and managing issues with the Engineering team.
- Transfer the valuable feedback from friendly user testing & field testing to Fairphone's learnt lesson cases.
- Prepare samples and deliveries to different channels (office, customers. operator, beta) for testing.
- Validate product HW and SW deliveries.
- Manage MTBF, FFR and bugs from the different channels.
- Act as a validation liaison for both internal teams and external parties.
- Manage the internal lab testing environment development and maintenance with the lab engineer.
- Create test methods, scripts & procedures to validate the performance of our products.
Your Skills & Experiences
You completed a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 3 years of validation experience in the smartphone industry.
- You understand product and software validation processes, automation techniques, and testing methodologies.
- You are a critical thinker and have strong problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have good time management and prioritization skills.
- You are fluent in English.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- The opportunity to create impact across continents.
A work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic FairChain coffee, and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution.
Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport.
Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros. We also offer in-house bike repairs.
Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
Seasonal Dutch lessons with a language teacher at the office.
You will join Fairphone’s collective pension scheme and we will contribute to build your pension.