FilledThis offer is not available anymore
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look At The BSC Experience
BSC-CNS YouTube Channel
Let's stay connected with BSC Folks!
Context And Mission
The Earth Sciences department is looking for a UX/UI designer to work in the Earth System Services group. We are looking for a candidate with background on user-centered design, usability, and accessibility. The selected candidate will participate in the creation of air quality and climate services and the re-design of operational services (e.g., CALIOPE, SDS-WAS or www.seasonalhurricanepredictions.org). The candidate is expected to gather technical and usability requirements, interact with services users, collaborate with design and visualisation teams at BSC and outside BSC and perform user testing. Related to user engagement activities, the successful candidate will also help in the design of dissemination material for project-related activities of the Earth Sciences Department.
- Requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes.
- Interaction with service users.
- Coordination with visualisation and design teams outside the Earth Science department.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related to design.
- Having a Master’s degree in UX, design, usability or related topics will be valued.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- 0-3 years of experience in UX/UI design.
- Experience in interacting with users to define user requirements and business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Front-end development skills will be highly valued.
- Experience with prototyping software.
- Experience with Adobe creative suite.
- Video editing skills are optional but highly valued.
- Skills in data visualization, interfaces and front-end developments will be valued.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Earth Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 1 year renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
All Applications Must Include
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references - Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Barcelona Supercomputing Center company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.