Paack is one of the hottest technology start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015 by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company is experienced a strong global growth and presently operates in 70 cities across four countries. All of our success is backed by a number of renowned European investors. And this is just the start.
We believe that the future of eCommerce deliveries is customer controlled time-slots, combined with a nature-positive approach to sustainability. We are on a mission to make this the new standard.
Our truly customer-centric and sustainable delivery services ensure customers receive parcels at their convenience, at a time that suits them. Our proprietary technology combined with our operational excellence enables us to deliver parcels more successfully and efficiently than ever before.
This creates unprecedented results for our retail clients through customer experience, eCommerce sales increases, loyalty and retention, thus empowering them with powerful competitive advantages whilst at the same time reducing the impact of deliveries on the environment. The best retailers in the world, such as Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Ingles and many more choose Paack as their exclusive partner for deliveries due to these reasons.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
What you will do
As our UX/UI Designer, you will lead and implement our user experience, visual design and overall look of Paack’s applications, including our driver app, customer pages and back office applications.
Based in Paack’s headquarters in Barcelona, you will report to the Head of Product and will work in collaboration with the engineering team, operations and our customers to deliver a great user experience to Paack’s users, whether internal or external.
Your main duties include:
- Lead the implementation of great user experience across Paack’s applications.
- Gather user requirements in collaboration with the product team.
- Develop mockups, prototypes and wireframes.
- Build a design system and be a design champion across Paack.
What are we looking for?
If you are a self-starter with good communication skills, used to work as a team player, a natural collaborator and a good vibes builder, then keep on reading…
- At least 2 years of experience in UI design.
- A degree in design, a related field or equivalent experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating user experience design.
- Experience building and working with design systems.
- Demonstrated experience in building both mobile apps and desktop applications.
- Experience building B2B applications or enterprise software is a plus.
- Strong English language skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Proven ability to interact with stakeholders, manage expectations, and accept constructive criticism of your work.
- Multi tasking and time management with experience reprioritising tasks.
- Eligibility to live and work in Spain.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA.
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder.
Luis Camara (Head of Product): ex-British Airways, passionate about enterprise software (actually likes APIs) and foodie.
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.