HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Challenges you can work on:
- Create experiences seen by over 100 million people a month
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
- Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization
- Leverage real time user behavior data, predictive science and A/B testing to better understand our customers, fostering a community of trust to incrementally increase conversion, and have direct revenue impact from delivered code
- Share your work with your peers in our bi-weekly meetup and participate in our Internal Open Source by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
- Endless opportunities to grow your career the way you want
- Help develop beautiful & intuitive user interfaces
- Be at the forefront of building HomeAway’s next generation user experience.
Technologies we use:
- ES2015, ES2016, Node.js, React.js, Jasmine/Mocha, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Webpack, AWS, Docker, Jetty, Java 8, Git
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications with state of the art front end web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Passionate problem solver with a focus on high quality user experience.
- Mobile first responsive design experience.
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience.
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed container based architecture (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: GitHub, Splunk, New Relic and TeamCity.
- Work with product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
About Home Away