haddock is the first B2B SaaS (Software as a Service) specialized in “Horeca”.
Our mission is to digitalize and improve operations, optimizing processes, reducing costs, saving time and automating tasks.
Our vision is to be the leaders, innovate and create long-term relationships with our clients where they see us as a strategic partner.
As a UI Designer, you will work in a start-up within a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and designers to develop innovative and user-centered experiences. Our haddock team is a small and multidisciplinary group. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing team, with the opportunity to have a big impact at the beginning of a startup journey.
- Responsible for delivering the best design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, forms, and widgets to optimize the new haddock features.
- Iteratively prototype and test solutions using low and high-fidelity tools such as Figma, Maze...
- Be aware of the latest digital trends and industry best practices, and use this knowledge to evolve products and features when and where it is appropriate.
- Ability to take detailed requirements and make designs with little assistance.
- Communicate and articulate the “why” of design decisions to influence your colleagues and build consensus.
- Identify and drive continuous improvements of existing products and services from an end user’s perspective. Identify and use metrics to guide and structure this process.
- Working closely with stakeholders such as managers, Front-end and backend developers, Marketing, UX Researchers and other design team members to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
Skills and Experience
- UX/UI related studies (knowledge of the UCD methodology, comfortable with Lean methodology, design systems, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Figma
- Excellent visual design skills with a strong eye for details
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills. You work efficiently and move fast and allocate your time strategically, weighing the priorities of the design discipline and that of the company
- Team player
- Proactive and problem-solving mindset
- Curious, not only about design but our company and sector
- Motivated and eager to grow
- Empathic, with the team and especially with our users
YOU’LL STAND OUT IF YOU BRING
- Design Background (graphic design, web design...)
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in SCRUM projects
- Copywriting experience (in Spanish)
- Having participated in user research activities and usability studies
- Have you worked as a waiter in the summer? We want you!
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friendly options
- Open working space to meet your team whenever you want
- Team events (“haddolimpiadas”, “paddock” and more!), there is always someone ready to grab a beer or a Sunny Delight around
- The possibility to be a part of the passionate team with a start-up mindset
- This is just the beginning, we are working to make this list muuuch better
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- An up-to-date CV (English, Spanish or Catalan version)
- A portfolio that shows you can find simple solutions to complex problems
How does the process work?
- First call: If your candidacy fits, we will contact you via email to schedule a first 10 minutes call to find out your motivation and give you the chance to ask any questions you have about haddock. Take this call as an informal conversation, so don't be nervous.
- The challenge: We will send you a design challenge to validate your knowledge and estimate your level before joining us.
- Main interview: Once you finish the challenge, we'll meet again to let you present your challenge and have a conversation about your decision-making. You will be in touch with a person from the product team, who you will work with if you join the team.
- Last interview: In this last interview, we want to explain very well how we work and what would be the day-to-day responsibilities. It will be the time to explain to you what we expect and to get to know each other personally.
- Offer Letter: Finally, If everything plays out, we'll make you an offer if we see a clear fit within the team.
11 - 50