Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where bothplayers and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We’re currently seeking a UI Artist to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Producer.
Your daily adventure:
- Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces.
- Development of the best possible flow according to the user experience to deliver.
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
- Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the art direction.
- Work on the design of the User Interface of our games from two different points of view:
- Creating the visual style of all the User Interface in the game (menus, buttons, HUD, pop-ups…) according with the art direction, and consistent throughout the entire project;
- Helping in the ergonomic design of the UI, making proposals of layouts and participating in all the stages of the game development with producers and designers to get the best functional design.
- Creation of all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation, and final assets, in both prototypes and final products:
- Delivering the assets in the proper quality, format and time so other team members can use them.
- Being able to manage all the UI assets of a game, being in charge of the maintenance of the UI art repository.
- Technical integration in Unity, bug fixing and visual polish of final design.
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programming implementation.
- Provide artwork to support team-wide project communication and vision.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience
- Graphic design skills: sketching, wire framing and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- An understanding of UI conventions and challenges on mobile platforms, with a strong focus on asset optimization.
- An understanding of the full pipeline for integration UI assets into Unity3D engine.
- Expertise with Adobe CS package.
- Great skills with form and typography.
- Well-developed sense of composition and colour.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Good command of English.
- Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
Please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating the above skills.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.