Our QA and developers work together across the entire product. We work with autonomous cross-functional agile squads and teams (peer-groups). You are going to be a member of the QA team and of the Dev Team. You are end responsible for the end-to end testing automation framework of our of our full cloud Payroll & HR software product. You will work in a product squad in close cooperation with 2 talented engineers, and a product owner, in an open and distributed environment.
A workweek at Nmbrs
- You start your day monitoring and analyzing the quality metrics and act on it. - You have quantified these metrics and the quality level for the Nmbrs software and are here to keep them thrive.
Together with the QA team:
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end automation testing framework to
support the current implementation and our transition to microservices
- Contribute to the improvement of our current QA tooling, environments and frameworks;
- Contribute to implementing Continuous Delivery and Deployment strategy;
- Develop and maintain automated tests together with the developers;
- Mentor and help others on the Automation framework and processes.
Together with Your Squad
You lead the QA activities in your own product squad. Your squad is responsible for their own set of modules and with 4 main roles ( developers, qa engineer, support consultant, product owner)
- You will be involved in the complete software cycle
- Increase the test coverage of new and existing automation tests;
- Analyze test results and give feedback to the Software Development Engineers;
- Manual testing fixes where automation is not possible.
What we have to offer
- You will be part of a global, young and bold company. We want to
bring payroll processing to the next era. We have an ambitious
environment where we constantly challenge ourselves.
- We strongly believe in autonomy and provide a support system to new employees. You will have a Mentor and a Buddy assigned to you, to find your way within Nmbrs. We have coaches available to support squads and teams to make this approach succeed or to develop your soft skills
- You can join one of the many initiatives to sport or have fun together outside work. (bouldering, crossfit, pub-quiz). Nothing is mandatory, only if you like to join.
- Or you can become a Nmbrs pirate and float through the Amsterdam canals with colleagues or friends on our Nmbrs boat. (Arrrh!)
- Education on the newest quality tools, testing methods and best practices.
- Working occasionally in the other office in Amsterdam or Lisbon, while staying in our own apartment, also free to use for private trips.
We are looking for you if you own these hard skills:
- University degree in Computer Science or a strong technical background
- Experience with setting up and maintaining test automation frameworks for web based applications
- Knowledge of .NET ( Visual studio)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge with load and performance testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with GitHub or Mercurial.
- Experience with continuous Integration servers (e.g. teamcity, jenkins) and QA automation tools, e.g. jMeter, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, etc.
- Good understanding of the software development process (agile surrounding and/or with multiple autonomous working teams).
- Interested in newest testing tools and knowledge of test automation
- English is a must, Dutch or Portuguese is a nice to have
And if these soft skills and personality checks apply to you:
- Team player and you like to actively help your colleagues
- Like to collaborate in decision making
- Up-to-date with newest quality standards, testing technologies and environments
- Keen to develop yourself and grow along with the company
- Assertive and perseverant
- Living in or near Amsterdam or Lisbon
- Fun in your own way