At Busuu we have just overcome 100-Million users worldwide and shown that learning a language can be done outside of a classroom. Technology brings learning into our private and business space and to keep us ahead of our competitors, we are looking for motivated talent who will help us reach our next milestone.
Working at that scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, so we are looking for someone who wants to become a better version of themself and master the challenge together with us.
We are looking for passionate Test Automation Engineers who honestly love solving problems, by questioning the status quo and eager to build a legacy with Busuu.
Why is a Test Automation Engineer at Busuu important?
Quality assurance automation is key at Busuu and we are looking for an Engineer who can assist our Madrid engineering and product team with test automation and acceptance definition and testing.
What does a Test Automation Engineer do at Busuu?
As a Test Automation Engineer you will work within a Squad and take care that we release high quality, bug free software. You’ll have responsibility for the performance of our tests, optimising constantly by using the latest technologies and being ruthless with the tests we currently have, removing unnecessary tests that no longer provide what we require. We’re expecting to extend our API testing, so that we always know that the responses our client applications are getting are valid in production.
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?
You will be based in our new Madrid Office, and have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits when travel is safe.
At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
What are we looking for in the Test Automation Engineer
- Experience delivering production software using an Agile methodology
- A background in collaboration, specifically with developers to design and implement automated tests
- Experience with continuous delivery practices (branch management, pull requests, code reviews, running tests in CI/CD, clean code)
- Passion to share knowledge and foster a 'test first' mindset in your project team and within the organisation
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design, including API definitions and API schemas.
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
Nice to have:
- You have experience of writing API automation tests and consumer driven tests (contract testing)
- Proven experience in collaboration and communication with Product Managers and stakeholders for defining acceptance criteria
- Having a knowledge of microservices is a plus
- Database experience is a plus
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Product Designer are the following 5 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Take Home test
- A video call - 40 min call with the hiring manager
- Meet the team - 1.5 -2 hours meeting with the wider team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.