Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Working in Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment, that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.
Are you passionate about developing great software? Do you feel proud when you help create a product that many people use? Do you consider yourself to be a good developer? Do you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and diverse team? You always wanted to work in open source for a living? If so, this might be your dream job, we are looking for someone with passion for software development and web technologies.
Work in a long-term software product. Building strong foundations, without being constrained by deadlines, delivering the best possible solution and iterating then.
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects
- Provide technical leadership and guidance of Liferay's Java-based technologies
- Participate in projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of support
- Act as a consultant resource to Support Managers as needed
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
- Suggest improvements and be humble enough to allow other’s suggestions. Everyone can learn from everyone, no matter how brilliant you/they are.
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Technical degree: Telecommunication, Information Technology…
- 3+ years of experience in technical support or programming.
- Expert knowledge and extensive programming experience with Java writing high quality code.
- Complete understanding of the Java Virtual Machine and best practices for tuning it
- Experience working with differents deployment environments (OSGi, Application Servers, Databases, containers, OS, etc.)
- Experience with software engineering best practices: version control, unit testing, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- You’re a vocational programmer, a coder, an engineer and you’re proud of that.
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
- Good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
- Excellent attention to detail. Seriously, more than that.
- Demonstrates expert problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues.
- Enjoys sharing their knowledge with others and helping colleagues understand complex concepts.
LanguagesFully comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken. Some of your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia or Europe.
If you want to apply we are looking forward.