For our fast-growing company, we need to expand our Amsterdam team with a Technical Project Manager. In this role you make sense of the hectic world of change in a rapidly growing international team. You are the linking pin between multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are managed and projects are delivered to time. You enjoy blending project management skills within an agile environment.
Your role is to obtain requirements, evaluate and determine objectives, goals, and scope of multiple system or solutions projects. Network within the organization to drive initiatives, ideas, issue resolutions, and alignment. As well as create, monitor and provide on-going communication to stakeholders. You will support a technical operation or application team by growing their capabilities to organize, manage, and make decisions. Reporting risk areas and partner with leadership on strategies to addressing concerns is also part of the job. You will also manage interdependencies or dependencies between projects or programs and develop detailed project plans and manage technical project process documentation and fact sheets.
Informal, innovative, ambitious, and professional – Payvision is focused on providing best in class technology-driven services to the fast-growing global market of online ecommerce payments. With over a decade in the global payments market, Payvision simplifies the complexity of local and cross-border ecommerce. We provide our customers with flexible and easy to integrate credit card and alternative payment method processing services via our highly effective and reliable platform, developed by our leading IT teams based in Amsterdam and Madrid. Headquartered in Amsterdam and with offices across Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific, we offer over 150 transaction currencies, a high-end reporting interface and a solid risk management solution in over 40 countries. By hiring experts all over the world, Payvision will continue its strong growth in global omnichannel commerce, and remain a dynamic and exciting company to work for.
Currently we have 270 employees working here at Payvision at 7 different locations worldwide. About 170 of them are based in the center of Amsterdam at our head office. The future looks bright and so our growth in business and employees will increase rapidly.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Interface and communicate with Product Owners, IT Ops, Development and PMO on a regular basis across different locations
- Create clarity regarding infra changes that are required to facilitate (new) applications from development to production
- Maintaining the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across teams
- Communication release details and schedules to the business as required
- Evaluation of complex situations using diverse sources of information
- Lead different teams across the company and interact with staff at all levels in the organization
- Define the scope of the project (SoW), roles, and responsibilities along with various stakeholders
- Participate in the allocation of budget, staff and any other resource(s) that are needed to accomplish or achieve set out goals (projects)
- Monitor- and frequently report on the progress of projects
- Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, and status reports
- Responsible for the management and development of processes for scheduling and administration
- Make sure that all required projects are completed (incl. documentation, sign-off and handover) and reviewed
- Responsible for identifying, clarifying, and communicating the vision(s) and or objective(s) of projects and show how they fall in place with-, enhance-, or inhibits such vision(s) and/or objective(s).
- Provide process improvement recommendations that are based on best practices and industry standards
- Cultivate our shared knowledge atmosphere and contribute to internal knowledge sources
As a Technical Project Manager, you have:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in any IT-related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role (level: APM Practitioner or higher)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong personality to manage- and mediate conflicting requirements against tight timescales
- Good and effective communication and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A positive, accurate and professional attitude
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant IT applications
- The ability to build relationships across many fronts
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually, with little or no supervision
- Experience in the payment industry is preferred but not essential
- Native Dutch speaker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Understand the need of regulation and compliance in the FinTech (COBIT/ITIL/PCI/GDPR/PSD)
You must be currently based in The Netherlands
- A challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment
- Small teams, where personal development is highly valued
- Work at an office in the center of one of the world’s most vibrant cities: Amsterdam
- Work within a successful, dynamic and growing organization, with a matching company spirit
- Excellent primary and secondary remuneration conditions
- Fun on Friday nights at our very own bar
Acquisition based on our vacancies is not appreciated.
For more information please mail to: HR@payvision.com or call our local office.