Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer in this sector, Zinio works with every major magazine publisher in the world. We operate online newsstands and award-winning mobile-optimised iOS and Android apps in more than 30 languages, providing access to digital magazines which can be read online and offline on any platform. Zinio also develops Newsstands, Readers, Libraries, API-services and PDF-to-XML conversion for partners with major white label clients across the world making use of our products.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,500 titles from 1,300publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers. Headquartered in NYC, the company has offices in San Francisco, Barcelona, London and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Act as Product Owner for one or several Scrum teams being the empowered central point of the Platform product leadership as representative of the business requirements within the technical teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and influence them to align with the product vision. Negotiate and find consensus among all involved parties so that a good balanced solution is achieved matching the company needs.
- Manage the Platform development team priorities according to return of investment, size, roadmaps, and sprint commitments. Embrace iterative development value driven development.
- Able to provide a product roadmap and keep it evolving as the product changes.
- Create good technical requirements and supportive materials such as wireframes, data flows, UMLs or any other element that might help developers and stakeholders understand the needs.
- Create and communicate the product backlog and keep it well organized. Maintain it updated and by collaborating with the Scrum Team keep it groomed to allow the team estimations.
- Participate in planning sessions: portfolio and product planning, release planning, sprint planning, story mappings. Prepare and participate in groomings with the team. Participate on the sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Collaborate hand on hand with the development team and be able to attend their questions in short time.
- Proven track record (at least 3 years) as Product Owner taking full responsibility of multi-project multi-client platform products with an orientation to efficiency and performance.
- You love the art of product development and strive to make a difference for the company and its customers/users.
- You have technical understanding within software development and REST API services, you are able to translate product needs into technical requirements, document them and communicate them to developers.
- Agile Knowledge and Experience: Agile principles knowledge and embracement and deep knowledge in Scrum methodology
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and you know how to involve them and find consensus to get people onboard.
- You master translation of your own and your team’s knowledge and experience into user stories and prioritized backlog items.
- You are willing to make decisions and take an economic view to balance business/technical tasks. You master data driven product development.
- You accept responsibility for the product and are committed and available for
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done!
- PSPO (Professional Scrum Product Owner), CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) or PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) certified.
- Engineering background and some coding experience.
- Experience in working in JIRA and Confluence tools.
- Experience with creation of UML Diagrams.
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- Highly skilled team: Knowledge sharing and learning from your colleagues is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun and friendly international work environment.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free fruit and beverages.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending a cover letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.