Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Devo is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
As a Technical Product Owner (TPO) your mission will be to execute the product vision and roadmap as defined and prioritized in the product backlog by the Product Manager (PM), leading the end-to-end lifecycle of your team responsibilities. Being part of the Core Engineering department in an Agile tribes oriented organization, you will work inside a multidisciplinary squad amongst Software Engineers, QA Engineers and DevOps Engineers being responsible for owning your Squad product knowledge.
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of the product backlog with the respective Product owner.
- Lead the translation of user stories into detailed technical requirements and technical tasks in partnership with the PM to feed developer squad teams, providing a systems perspective and identifying impacts and dependencies. Ensure the applicable definition of ready / definition of done requirements gets documented accordingly.
- Lead grooming sessions to maintain a consistently up-to-date backlog of clearly defined features/stories.
- Analyze and report delivery, progress, risks and opportunities.
- Approve the final release plan, in accordance with agreed priorities and dependencies, in collaboration with the Release Manager.
- Ensure that the technical debt is properly managed, with the support of SW Architecture leads.
- Fully document in Jira the technical requirements needed for implementing the functional requirements defined by the PM ensuring all stories have acceptance criteria that are clear and can be measured.
- Facilitate technical dependencies management inside the tribe or across squads to ensure teams alignment and proper tasks ownership.
- Foster the usage of Devo’s internal tools, methodologies and practices in the squad teams.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role working in a product oriented IT company.
- Exceptional communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented minded, pragmatic vision and lean working methodology.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Experience using JIRA as a product backlog management tool.
- Ready to learn new things and share expertise.
- Full English professional proficiency
- Experience in cloud ecosystems and distributed components SaaS platforms.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Why Work at Devo?
- You’ll join a Great Place to Work® certified company where we value our people and provide the tremendous opportunities that come with a hyper-growth organization
- Be part of an international company with a strong team culture that celebrates success. Share our core values: Be bold - Be Inventive - Be humble - Be an ally
- Work in an environment that will challenge you and enable you to grow as a professional. Our professional development programs include:
- Company-paid job-related technical certifications, plus you can earn a bonus for achieving certain certifications
- Personal development plans based on career paths. Free access to an extensive variety of online learning courses through Juno Journey
- Spanish/English lessons
- Innovative training and development tools
- Full support for internal job movements as part of career development
Comprehensive benefits, Including:
- Flexible Benefits: medical insurance co-paid by Devo, meal vouchers, commuting allowance, and childcare vouchers
- A monthly allowance to help set up your home office
- Employee referral program — get a bonus for helping friends get jobs at Devo!
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Office centrally located in Madrid financial district, featuring a well-stocked kitchen with free coffee, cookies, and fruit every day!
- Matching donations program — it is important to give back to our community. Devo matches employee donations to many charitable organizations that further our values and those of our employees
- Gender and diversity initiatives to increase visibility, inclusion and sense of belonging
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid