Zinio is looking for a Tech Product Owner in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 500M digital magazine editions across more than 6k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
We are looking for the most talented and brightest profiles to continue building the best products. Become part of an agile team of highly skilled and motivated individuals!
- Act as Product Owner for one or several Scrum teams being the empowered central point of the backend platform product leadership as a representative of the business requirements within the technical teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and influence them to align with the product vision. Negotiate and find consensus among all involved parties so that a well-balanced solution is achieved matching the company needs.
- Manage the backend platform development team priorities according to return on investment, size, roadmap, and sprint commitments. Embrace iterative value-driven development.
- Provide a product roadmap and keep it evolving as the product changes.
- Create good technical requirements and supportive materials such as wireframes, data flows, UMLs or any other element that might help developers and stakeholders understand the needs.
- Create and communicate the product backlog and keep it well organized. Maintain it updated and keep it groomed by collaborating with the Scrum Team to allow the team estimations.
- Participate in planning sessions: portfolio and product planning, release planning, sprint planning, story mappings. Prepare and participate in groomings with the team. Participate in the sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Collaborate hand in hand with the development team and be able to attend their questions in a short time.
Required skills & experience:
- Proven track record (at least 3 years) as Technical Product Owner taking full responsibility of platform-oriented products, ideally multi-project and multi-client, with a focus on efficiency and performance.
- You love the art of product development and strive to make a difference for the company and its customers/users.
- You have technical understanding within software development and REST API services, you are able to translate product needs into technical requirements, document them and communicate them to developers.
- Agile Knowledge and Experience: Agile principles knowledge and embracement and deep knowledge in Scrum methodology.
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and you know how to involve them and find consensus to get people onboard.
- You master translation of your own and your team’s knowledge and experience into user stories and prioritized backlog items.
- You are willing to make decisions and take an economic view to balance business/technical tasks. You master data-driven product development.
- You accept responsibility for the product and are always committed and available.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done!
- It is required that the candidate has a fluent level of English.
Nice to have:
- PSPO (Professional Scrum Product Owner), CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) or PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) certified.
- Engineering background and some coding experience.
- Experience in working in JIRA and Confluence tools.
- Experience with the creation of UML Diagrams.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are a technology company and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
- Highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Fresh fruit and drinks for free.
- Yoga classes.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.