Are you interested in languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of a global, ambitious and talented team that revolutionizes how we learn languages.
Busuu’s vision is to inspire the world to learn together. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 100 million users.
Through courses powered by AI and interactions with native speakers, our platform offers the best way to learn a language.
Busuu’s award-winning platform is also used by hundreds of companies and institutions around the world. From better student and employee engagement to faster business growth, Busuu’s online language training is designed to deliver results.
Today, Busuu is one of the top 50 EdTech companies in the world, and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
If you are passionate about languages, want to work with smart, creative, energetic people and possess the initiative, confidence and good judgement to make independent decisions every day - then you are probably the perfect addition for our growing team.
What does a Technical Product Manager do at Busuu
The Technical Product Manager for Payments will be a fundamental part of the Busuu business.
This is a new role, reflecting the importance of Payments, and in particular the localisation of payments to the overall Busuu experience globally. The payments team takes responsibility for external payment integrations, plus increasing responsibility for the end to end payment process. This includes our subscription management, transactional purchases and localised payment experiences.
As a Technical Product Manager you will be responsible for defining and prioritising these opportunities. To do this you will be working cross functionally with other Product Managers, particularly in our Growth tribe, plus internal stakeholders across marketing, insights and platform.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the discovery and launch payment capabilities. This means cross functional collaboration in a fast paced and agile environment.
- Take overall accountability for the Payments roadmap, balancing the growth strategy for the long term with the user needs in the short term.
- Take responsibility for working with risk and compliance to ensure these needs are appropriately prioritised and planned.
- Deeply understand the payment needs in key markets, working with insights and analytics to build compelling cases for opportunity investment through rapid discovery techniques.
- As well as our core B2C business, you will support the invoicing and payment needs of our top tier business clients.
- Be a subject matter expert on the Busuu payments data, discovery opportunities to innovate or optimise for our customers.
What we’re looking for in a Technical Product Manager:
- A payments professional with demonstrable product development experience, ideally this is in subscription or ecommerce businesses.
- Comfortable with the technical details of APIs and payment service provider integrations. Ideally you have an engineering or analyst background, although not essential.
- You balance the detail with the big picture, managing multiple levels of communication across Busuu
- You are highly data centric, you are comfortable self serving and modelling data when needed
- You are commercially aware, you can understand and explain the business context for decisions
- You care about the customers - our learners, teachers and business clients. You inspire others.
- You love to move fast and learn through rapid testing
We are constantly reviewing government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
In return we will ensure that you have:
- Working from office is available as an option while following strict social distancing
- Private health insurance
- Company team events, virtual socials, and other activities
- Training budget, so you can learn more in your field, attend conferences and events that you find interesting
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Technical Product Manager is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call - 40-minute call with the hiring manager
- A short exercise - a chance for us to learn how you think about Product, and for all of us to learn how we can work together. Minimal preparation required for a 1.5 hour workshop.
- Wider team Interview - 1-2 hour interview to meet the team and for you to ask any outstanding questions
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.