Santander Digital is looking for a Technical Product Manager, based in our Madrid office.
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander we embrace this change. This is a really exciting time to join our team, Santander Digital and work in the #1 bank of the eurozone. We are in the middle of an ambitious transformation plan to become a platform business in the financial services arena. We are a growing, multi-cultural team of diverse backgrounds - coming from large tech companies (e.g., Amazon, Google, Facebook, Intuit), large payment companies (e.g., Paypal, Mastercard), leading consulting companies (e.g., McKinsey, BCG) as well as digital and traditional banks.
Our vision is to create a world-class open financial services platform to delight our customers, partners and banks globally. We are looking for people who will bring in their motivation, skills and experience and help us achieve this exciting vision.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.
As a Technical Product Manager you will be responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their cost, time and scope. Responsibilities include: project plan, communication plan, allocating tasks and setting milestone.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration.
- Typically has +7 years of relevant IT work experience, including experience with managing teams, projects and banking technology products
- Proven track record and experience in developing IT processes and solutions, successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic organization environment.
- Must have a "can-do" attitude and strong communication skills
- Practiced ability to analyse, develop and implement complex programming solutions.
- Ability to execute test plans, create test cases test data and contribute to appropriate software (including programming languages) development life cycle methodology and application of specialized business
- Self-starter, works with minimal supervision and adapts well in a fast-paced Agile environment. Experience with Agile metholodogies (Scrum, Kanban) and DevOps.
- Participates as a team member and fosters teamwork by inter-group coordination within the modules of the project.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with the stakeholders and ensure client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of unit testing, performance testing, and client-side end-to-end testing (UI testing) and associated frameworks and tools. Experience writing unit tests.
- Working experience with Relation SQL and NoSQL databases, data acquisition and data warehouse related services.
- Working experience using of Git, SVN or similar version control systems, and docker containers.
- Experience with AWS/ Azure or Google Cloud environments.
- Experience on digital channels (web and/or apps) projects, transformation or evolution programs.
- Experience in large transformation programs within banking clients.