Fluendo is a leading company on multimedia solutions based on the GStreamer framework. We develop from high-end video and audio codecs, to slick end-user applications or multimedia middle-ware powering different playback, encoding and streaming scenarios. Our software is being used in millions of devices and our clients vary from the main thin client manufacturers to the world’s leading film production labels.
Our engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of skilled and passionate engineers using agile methodologies and state-of-the-art technology, working on products that runs in several operating systems and devices. We have an open and transparent structure where we empower people to work in self-organized teams.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager with a strong background in software development and multimedia technologies, that is willing to create and manage products built for developers within a very technical team. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team at an early stage of the product development where you will be able to influence and shape it from the very beginning.
- Lead the product life cycle from design to development, releases and support for our products.
- Research and identify new opportunities to innovate and improve existing products.
- Establish product goals and develop roadmap.
- Define product requirements and technical specifications.
- Prioritize tasks balancing business needs versus technical constraints.
- Work with cross-functional teams towards a complete user experience.
- Support marketing and sales writing product release notes, FAQ's and help writing user guides.
- Perform product demonstrations at events.
- You have a strong Computer Science background.
- You have worked in the past as a software developer.
- You have at least 3 years of related experience managing technical products built for developers (frameworks, API's, productivity tools, etc...).
- You have created products from scratch for developers.
- You are familiar with multimedia pipelines, you know how video players are built, what a video decoder/encoder is and how video is streamed.
- You understand Agile methodologies.
- You are a Jira (or other project management tool) power user.
- You have experience working with engineering and quality teams to develop and launch features.
- You have good influencing and negotiation skills when dealing with all levels of the organization,
- You have proven experience translating customer requirements into technical solutions, meeting both internal and external needs.
- You have a passion to challenge existing processes and tools with an employee-first mind-set.
- Career path
- Beautiful offices in Barcelona's city center
- Great work environment
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days-off and personal budget for conferences and courses
- Internal hackathons
- Internal tech talks
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Half-day on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Gym and private medical insurance
- 2 team buildings per year
- Free coffee
- Fruit on Mondays
- Relocation pack if you are moving to Barcelona
- English and Spanish lessons