Technical Lead - Web in Madrid or Remote
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 13,300 brands and over 380,000 retailers in 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.7B in wholesale transaction volume each month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry", JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have over 200 employees in 12 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Why JOOR? :
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up, continuing to drive innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
We’re growing our engineering team and seeking members who want to set the tone for what technology in the wholesale industry looks like. You’ll tackle complex problems and build the systems that support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients rely on our products to grow their business and we are committed to building a fast and scalable product that they love, all while using best practices and the latest technologies. We have a positive and collaborative culture, and our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills and see their solutions make an immediate impact for some of the world’s best known brands and retailers.
About our stack:
- Running on Kubernetes clusters in AWS.
- Monitoring and profiling via Datadog.
- Storing data in RDS Postgres with some Redis.
- Our backend services rely mostly on Django, gRPC, ApolloGraphQL and some old PHP we want to purify with fire 😅.
- Lastly our frontend is made with React consuming graphQL queries.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead development on JOOR’s systems
- Work closely with our engineers to mentor and produce scalable architecture solutions.
- Provide direction to teams on best practices, conventions and coding standards.
- Identify areas of improvement in terms of efficiency and technical architecture and produce a technical strategy to address each area.
- Help us make better decisions as we migrate the legacy pieces into new robust and modular code.
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years experience as a lead or senior software engineer.
- 7+ years developing in Python/Nodejs or equivalent.
- 2-5+ years working on distributed systems and applications.
- 2-5+ years doing technical design and architecture
- Intimately familiar with AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills both in English and Spanish
What We Offer :
- Target Compensation Range: EUR 65K-85K (plus company performance bonus & equity)
- Remote work, preferably based in Spain.
- Private health insurance.
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action.
- Collaborate with our teams in global offices around the world
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company's performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!
New York, NY, USA