What you tell your friends you do:
"Many times I feel like an explorer in the jungle, discovering new lands of technology and innovative products. Other times I feel like an archeologist translating mysterious hieroglyphics when I am learning a new framework or using a new Saas provider. What makes me wake up every morning is living in a culture of continuous learning and improvement, quality, innovation, led by the philosophy that work can be serious, but should also be fun!"
What you will really be doing with your team:
You will be part of our agile, multidisciplinary team. We are very proud of the excellent standard of technical knowledge and skill we maintain but are even more proud of the open and human environment in which we work. Our diversity makes us who we are and, from the beginning, you will have a powerful voice as part of our team.
- Help and motivate the growth of the team
- Create an inspiring team and environment with an open communication culture.
- Be involved in the hiring process of a new colleague for the team
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure code quality and best practices in the team projects.
- Oversee projects through all phases of the project life cycle - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, release and post-production support.
- Embrace a lean mindset taking products to production
- Shu-Ha-Ri: watch, repeat, master. Learn from your team, practice and evangelize about what you master. Learning and improving is part of the journey.
- Escalate difficulties and find solutions to complex issues
Any day in your team:
- 09:00 - 09:30*: Check telemetry dashboard, evaluate code inspection report and acceptance test execution
- 09:30 - 09:45: John sent an interesting article in Slack about lambda architecture
- 09:45 - 10:15: Grab a coffee and banana, update our Kanban board and meet your product owner and rest of the team
- 10:15 - 13:00: Meeting with the product owner to polish the backlog.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Take your meal card and have lunch. Enjoy a coke with a colleague or a game on our arcade machine
- 14:00 - 16:00: Refactoring and peer programming based on feedback from a colleague
- 16:00 - 18:00: Periodical feedback meeting with one of the team members.
- 18:00*: Talk about our new team building. It will be awesome!
* Flexible schedule (from 8.00-10:00 to 17.00-19:00 and Fridays until 15.00 as it´s time to have a long weekend!)
- 2+ years of experiences leading teams.
- Pride of using software development best practices
- Interest in scalable, resilient, distributed architectures
- Enjoy working in an agile collaborative environment
- Are you proud of your teamwork? Present the achievements of the sprint to your Dutch product owner in the demo meeting in English