At Trovit we simplify search by centralising millions of ads from thousands of websites in just one click. To run a website with 100M visits per month in over 50 countries is certainly not a piece of cake but with more than 10 years of experience and a brilliant team behind the scenes we manage to help our users make the best possible decision when they search for the life they want, every single day. Want to know more about Trovit?
At Trovit you’ll find a creative team doing big things in an actual start-up atmosphere. We have created a working environment where we can innovate faster, adapt quicker and have a bigger impact, that's why our autonomous tech teams are working in a challenge based system, taking on new projects every few months. This means that at Trovit you will have the opportunity to also challenge yourself to achieve ever-higher summits. Want to know more about the way we work?
The tech team at Trovit is organized in Clans, which are multifunctional and autonomous teams focused on bringing value to our users. Reporting to the clan head, the Technical Lead is a highly skilled engineer whose main responsibilities are to exercise technical leadership within the team and to facilitate the successful completion of the projects that the team embarks on.
For this role we envision somebody with strong technical competence and extensive experience who enjoys being hands-on and has a proven track record managing technical projects and ensuring that the team successfully delivers according to commitments and expectations.
This challenging position is full-time and based in Barcelona.
What you will do:
- You will be hands-on working on the projects.
- You will act as the Lead Developer and the go-to person to support team members with technical decisions, issue management or technical coaching.
- You will be responsible for the technical development of the people in the team, supporting them in their constant evolution.
- You will be responsible for following up projects and making sure that they advance as expected and are successfully completed on time, scope and quality.
- You will be leading project retrospectives, post-mortem analysis and other process necessary to raise the level of quality of the team’s production.
- You will also be expected to act as an innovation catalyst, facilitating that new ideas and change make their way onto the projects when they are aligned with the team vision and objectives.
What we expect from you:
- We want to see at least 5 years of previous experience as Technical Lead or Technical Manager.
- Previous experience with big data environments; Hadoop, Spark, Solr, NoSQL, etc
- Technically, we want you to have experience leading teams working on large, high performance systems.
- We will want you to be able to communicate at negotiation level both in English and Spanish.
- We will expect you to bring a wealth of experience managing technical projects, estimations, project development, team leading.
- Product development experience will also be important. We will want to see that you have a holistic view of all running projects as parts of a larger product, with a product direction and focus.
- In line with the above, a product is a means to achieve a business mission, so we also expect a strong business orientation.
- And also a strong capacity to spot and recruit talented engineers.
What we offer:
The most important things that we offer at Trovit is our culture and an environment where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges, make an impact while learning and growing along the way.
We also offer several benefits and perks, like:
- Private medical insurance
- Individual Training Budget
- Restaurant vouchers
- Free snacks, drinks and fresh fruit
- Bike parking
- Two yearly retreats usually involving skiing or sunbathing
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!
Trovit will help you find the most interesting ads published in thousands of classifieds websites, saving you the time it would take you to surf all those pages. To make it even easier, you can set up your own personalized alerts for your searches and Trovit will alert you when there is a new ad that might interest you.
For classified sites (ie, real estate portals or job boards), Trovit is a great source of qualified traffic. Users see a snippet of your ad on Trovit and if they’re interested in it they are sent directly to the ad’s page on your website. Integrate your content in our search engine and you will start receiving qualified traffic in just a few hours.
Trovit is present in more than 40 countries.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!