ZeptoLab is looking for a Technical Artist to join our team!
We make high-quality mobile games for a global audience. Our priorities are fun, quality, and innovation. ZeptoLab games have been downloaded more than one billion times!
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Creating graphical elements in the game’s style
· Preparing and implementing graphical assets in games
· Working with programmers to clarify functional and technical requirements for assets
· Keeping game assets well organized
What we expect from you:
· Strong knowledge of 2D graphics software (Adobe Photoshop is a must)
· Graphic design skills (basic knowledge will be enough)
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Personal gaming experience and the desire to work in game development
As a plus:
· Game development experience
· Art or Design education
As a test drive of our job duties, we ask you to complete a test assignment. If the team likes your work, we will be happy to schedule an interview!
The test is:
Please, download a zipped PSD file.
1. In folder “objects” put the layers in order according to the following requirements:
- Graphics should look clearly without «artifacts»;
- Names of all layers should be written in lowercase letters in English;
- Spaces in names of layers changed to symbol «_»;
- Layers effects should be rasterized in «smart objects»;
- Layers inside the file better to locate visually if it is possible.
2. Follow the reference from the «vehicles reference» folder and create new visual of car: body, wheels and weapon.
- The vehicle should be recognizable and have some «personality». For example: Ice cream truck, Firefighter truck, Boat with wheels or Monster truck. It could be any idea, the main thing is to perform it in the visual style of C.A.T.S.
- Body of the car should have the same shape as one of the reference bodies, or any other shape, that already exists in the game.
- You can reskin one of the weapons, that already exists in the game or you can propose the new one. It could be any idea - visual is the main thing here.