The product organization at Scytl is in charge of designing and developing its core online voting platform. We are busy disrupting the election industry by making voting more accessible, efficient, transparent and secure. We are continuously looking for talented individuals who will share our passion for designing and building great software that powers democracy around the world.
The Technical Director is in charge of establishing the company’s technical vision and ensure alignment with its business goals.
His/her job is to make sure the department is building the right product for the targeted market, defining how the solution will be delivered to our end users.
The ideal candidate is a great engineer with solid architectural vision. He/she will be an excellent technical guru, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- Lead product architecture definition allowing both standard and highly customizable solutions
- Design new product solutions and key public APIs
- Define automation strategy (Build, Integration, Test, Deployment) to optimize company’s costs
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Define technical roadmap, based on internal (service team) and external (client) feedback
- Provide solutions to reduce implementation cost and keep product cost competitive
- Analyze current applications landscape to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
- Work closely with Research & security teams on Proof Of Concept and possible implementation for product
- Lead the change to a cloud base application
- Approve and modify designs and architectures by reviewing end-user topology, security, performance and interoperability requirement
- Define development guidelines and standards to be utilized in application development and integration.
- Assess system requirements
- Provide technical leadership and support to software development teams
- Ensure product maintainability & configurability
- Guarantee proper architecture is correctly implemented
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- +5 years of experience in similar position, preferably in a product company
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Passion for code quality and maintainable applications
- Experience in the majority of the following: Spring, JPA, REST-API, XML, CI, Maven, PKI, Java EE, JMeter, Cryptography practices, Oracle Mission Control.
- University degree, in Computer Sciences or related field.
Extra points for:
- Experience in building projects from scratch, including, but not limited to DB design, component design, modules separation, framework evaluation.
- Delivery of mission-critical systems.
- Experience with technologies such as NoSQL, AWS, OpenShift, Jenkins, JBehave, RAML/Swagger.
- Great analytical skills, with an enquiring and structured mind.
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
- Strong leadership skills, with a highly collaborative yet decisive approach
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Clear, concise communicator, able to inspire and drive consensus.
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.