letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Tech Platform Business Partner plays a key role in setting the strategic direction of the business. You will advise different departments on the best tools to purchase. You will lead the communication with our vendors and suppliers, from negotiating contracts, launching the product, to follow-up internally with reports and analytics. You will operate as a key player, providing expert strategic advice skills to letgo´s CTO and top management team. We are looking for an expert in IT tools with strong experience in commercial transactions and excellent communication.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Tracks ROI for business initiatives including cost, beneﬁts, and risk
- Assists in the development of metrics used to track value delivery
- Provides details on cost, value, and opportunity to optimize IT tools spend and advise on alternatives
- Selects the most efficient tools/partner on the market and lead the communication with them
- Partners with the CTO, VP of Legal and VP of Finance and general management
- Ensures letgo is fully compliant (laws, regulations, company policies including security policy, GDPR … )
You must have:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English (Spanish is a plus)
- A clear vision of the latest and most efficient best-in-class IT tools, is a must
- Strong experience analyzing system usage, costs, ROI
- Capable of providing reports, explanations and solutions
- Experience communicating with C and VP levels stakeholders from different departments as well as external providers, vendors and partners
- Experience coordinating technology platform analysis & decisions across various departments
- Knowledge of e-commerce/mobile/internet industry is a strong asset
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Side activities (Yoga classes, Ping Pong, football etc…)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.