Schibsted Marketplaces is one of the two business divisions of Schibsted Media Group, an international organization, that empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Our 3000+ employees in Schibsted Marketplaces focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe, exciting growth companies in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm (to name a few), our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop creative products and features on the leading edge of digital.
We want people who dream of doing better, who refuse to recognize limits and want to build the services, platforms and ecosystems of tomorrow. If you are driven, visionary, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, data-driven, technology passionate and business-oriented with strong leadership and engineering manager skills to take on the role of Tech Lead for Content in Marketplace Components. The Content team comprises the Search, MADS, Serenity, TouchStone. Personalization and Image teams, which collectively focus on being world-class on classified ad content discovery, creation, and quality. The role is extremely important in ensuring the success of these components in both the local marketplaces and the wider Schibsted and you are expected to contribute strongly both locally and globally with your expertise and leadership abilities.
In order to achieve this, you will have to deliver on:
– Grow team leaders through coaching, mentoring, and feedback to make them more effective
– Make sure that teams stay on track for delivery helping them to unblock impediments across teams
– Foster a culture of cooperation, transparency and trust by facilitating communication across teams
– Build and share domain expertise and best practices related to the teams domains and technologies
– Help to make sure that we are diligent at executing key initiatives like privacy or convergence
– Define and execute technical roadmaps that provides agility to teams and marketplaces
This role can be based in Barcelona, London, Oslo, Stockholm and Paris.
Key Success Factors in the role:
- Foster efficient communication and disciplined collaboration across teams
- Create a culture of mutual trust and drive cooperation
- Improve the delivery of teams by sharing best practices and domain knowledge
- Previous domain and technical knowledge on content, including creation, quality, discoverability and understanding
Key CapabIlities / Characteristics for the role:
- Experience in leading teams and leading leaders across multiple locations/geographies
- Being able to lead without the authority, making things happen in a complex matrix organization
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership
- Have a hands-on technical background, with strong working knowledge of source code management, shared repos, SDKs & APIs, Libraries & Frameworks, and distributed architectures
- Pragmatic and impact oriented
- Adaptability to change and familiarity with agile delivery methods
- Show success at Schibsted being a key driver delivering projects or products in marketplaces