Ubeeqo, a car when you need it.
Ubeeqo is a European start-up specializing in mobility and fleet solutions for both corporates and consumers. Founded in 2008, Ubeeqo is about disrupting the way we think about getting places. The absurdity of car ownership in an urban environment. We see a world where getting where you want to go is possible in a different way. Where mobility is fluid, shared, and connected. A car only when you need it.
Our corporate solutions offer companies innovative ways in which to meet their mobility needs and optimize business. Through our web platform, we offer a simpler and more efficient way to get a company going: from company cars to car rental, from taxis to trains. Our goal: to optimize our clients’ (L’oréal, Airbus, Danone, Michelin) performance and generate savings, while respecting the environment.
Ubeeqo is still at the beginning of an epic journey. The team is young, skilled and growing fast.
How we work
We work in a startup-like manner and we work in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often. The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we're always trying to think outside the box.
- Lead and grow a squad of up to 7 engineers who work on apps and services built using Golang, PHP, iOS, Android and Vue.js
- Work closely with the Product Owner and your team to find the sweet spot between perfection and speed and come up with effective technical solutions to complex problems
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on approach to architecting and coding our applications and features as well as maintaining and improving existing ones
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams
- Deﬁne, document, and enforce engineering standards
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work & mentor junior engineers
- Participate in software design discussions
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings
- Ensure all code that goes into production is of top quality
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand
- Identify and ﬁx gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining highly performant & production quality web architectures
- At least 1 year of working experience with Golang
- Experience building real-time / highly concurrent applications is highly valued
- Expert knowledge of MVC architecture and experience with a PHP framework like Symphony, Zend (Laravel would be ideal)
- Experience building out RESTful API’s
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.