We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and are excited to create the best experience for our customers. People who want to make an impact. We are looking for people like you. Let's Go!
MediaMarktSaturn is Europe’s leading consumer electronics retailer. It sees itself as a partner, daily companion and navigator for its customers in the digital world. Its over 1,000 MediaMarkt and Saturn stores are closely integrated with their online shops. MediaMarktSaturn has a total headcount of more than 60,000.
MediaMarktSaturn Technology is working on making Europe's number one consumer electronics retailer the technology leader in its sector. To this end, several hundred developers, UX designers and system architects using state-of-the-art technology work hand in hand with business owners in agile teams to develop customer-focused technology solutions for more than 6 million customers every day in 13 countries.
Technology Hub located in Barcelona, is one of the service units of MediaMarktSaturn Technology to deliver adequate staffing and engineering skills for the agreed deliveries of the global deployment plan for the entire group.
This technical product owner role will include the end-to-end responsibility for the planning and implementation of new marketplace features in collaboration with MMS senior IT architects. In this capacity, technical feasibility is as important as solution identification, concept creation, concept evaluation, and implementation tracking within our own and other development teams across the e-commerce domain.
- Development and full understanding of technical concepts and architecture involved in the creation of new marketplace features
- Collaborating across the organization with the product development teams, customers, external partners, sales & marketing, customer support, and business owners, continually conducting back and forth negotiations, finding creative solutions and delivering the best possible product.
- Using data to create ambitious product roadmaps & backlog items in accordance with business and enterprise strategy while assuring that product milestones are reached, in our own and in other domain teams
- Exchanging with Product Owners inside and outside the Marketplace team, as well as other Stakeholders, to understand every aspect of the product and stay on top of the feature
- Understanding and/or creation of technical and feature related documentation and the transference of that knowledge back into operational units in different countries will also be a part of the recurring tasks
- Championing your product/feature within the organization. Helping stakeholders understand the product vision, roadmap, milestones, and the importance for our customers and business
- A strong technical background is required. Especially a good understanding of API architecture and interfaces as well as micro service architecture are beneficial to this role
- Prior experience as an IT architect, software engineer or in a similar role is a plus
- Strong team spirit, enjoying decision making freedom, and liking to take responsibility
- Experience as a product owner in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Familiar with modern web technologies and having a technical discussion with your dev team is not a problem
- Effective communication skills in English. Speaking German is a plus.
- Passion for technology
What we offer
Passion for Technology in Retail! As part of open and dynamic teams, you are developing solutions for Europe’s largest consumer electronics retailer. Alongside challenging tasks with latest technologies, we are offering various benefits as well. As part of the Future Technology Hub you will be building the future of retail and services.
- Young environment, where not everything is written in stone, and where you are expected to contribute and co-create the culture of the Tech Hub and international collaboration model.
- You'll have a 10% discount on the entire MediaMarkt website, so you can treat yourself at a lower price whenever you want!
- On top of your compensation package, you can request Flexible Pay “MediaFlex program” (a.e. Ticket Restaurant, Private Health Insurance with DKV, …)
- Flexible working time and possibility to combine home office / presential working. Intensive workday every Friday and during summer.
- The possibility to choose between 2 offices: The first one is the MediaMarkt Iberia HQ with a very attractive menu at a price. You'll eat for less than €4! And the second office is located at Pier01, in Barceloneta, right in the center of Barcelona. Free coffee and free fruit once a week.
- If you need a VISA , don't worry, we'll assist you with the visa process and accompany you throughout the entire process!
- There is a training budget so you can continue developing the skills you need most to keep growing professionally and personally!
- We offer language classes: English, Spanish, and German. ✏
- On your birthday , you won't work! It's a day for you to enjoy without thinking about work.
- You'll be working with the most cutting-edge technological stack of the moment.
El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
5000 - 10000