Teamlead Data Engineering (m/f/x)
For our central Data Science team, we are currently searching for a teamlead based in our office in Barcelona. Our central Data Science team is responsible for turning data into services and products for XING. Around 25 Data Engineers and Data Scientists work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms into production by making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. For example, we build and operate recommender systems and search services, build various automated machine learning pipelines and also aim at enhancing the quality and value of our data assets. Find out more about our team at:
At the moment, we are searching for a teamlead who can support us in leading Data Engineers and helps the team to build data services, infrastructure, tooling and libraries that make the XING platform better. We like to get things done rather than sit in meetings, and hope to find a team lead with an entrepreneurial spirit who enables the team to continue to have a strong positive impact on XING and its users.
A challenging task
- Lead a Data Engineering team of up to 6 engineers who work on topics related to recommender systems, search and other data services that are heavily used on the XING platform
- As a leader you manage dependencies and engineering resources, help to identify and fulfill needs in a reasonable time and keep the team motivated to deliver continuously.
- Support your team members to reach mastery in their skills and encourage leadership on all levels.
-Build data services in collaboration with product owners, peers, and other stakeholders.
- You will get your hands dirty with technologies like Scala, Kafka, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- You will join the Data Science leadership team and help to shape roadmaps, strategies and other aspects of the Data Science and Data Engineering landscape at XING.
A convincing background
- Strong people leader with the ability to inspire and grow technical experts; some years’ experience in leading engineering teams.
- Understanding what it takes to design, build and maintain successful data services and products, with hands-on experience
- Hands-on experience in Software Engineering (e.g. programming languages such as Java, Scala or Python; technologies such as Hadoop & Co.).
- Basic experience and theoretical background in Data Science is a plus (for example, having a basic understanding about some aspects related to machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, NLP, data quality, etc. may help you)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with business stakeholders, technical engineers, and management
- Fluency in English is a must.
An inspiring environment
XING offers a dynamic environment. Besides flexible working hours, you will have an opportunity to extend your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers, and travel insurance. And let us not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You will also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you are feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals and various other benefits.
Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
Get to know us on Twitter as well! @xing_esp