Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 12,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
Engineering teams are based in Paris, Madrid, Gurugram and we have just recently opened our London office. We also have fully remote contributors (+- 2hrs CET).
We are looking for an engaged and passionate Team Leader to lead the new Internal API/Event Platform that will be a platform team that works closely with all backend & frontend teams, allowing them to expose and consume, in a secure and efficient way, state of the art GraphQL APIs and enabling event driven communication across microservices.
Note: this position is Remote Europe based
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for the new team; the scope includes the design, development, deployment and operation of critical features that add customer value on top of Voice.
This team will design, develop and operate the platforms used by all backend development teams to expose their GraphQL APIs (AWS, AppSync, Typescript) and manage their event driven communication (AWS, Kinesis, Go) .
Best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
Quality, excellence, and agility drive our delivery processes and you will help us level these up.
Using a variety of back-end stacks, appropriate for each requirement, but always hosted on AWS, we build added value and resilient services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce, …).
Your mission @ Aircall:
- Management of 4-6 engineers
- Management of project scope in alignment with TPM, PM,
- people management and quarterly reviews
- Roadmap assistance and technological planning
- Participate in requirements analysis to help with providing the right technical and business solutions for our customers
- Have key responsibilities within the design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules
A little about you:
- Good communication and solid people management skills,
- Previous management of 1-1s, reviews and people coaching,
- Previous experience with cloud driven solutions, preferable with AWS,
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in back-end development and integrations at large scale, preferably typed language (Node.js, Typescript, Java) or Go, with a focus on delivering for security, scalability, availability, and performance,
- Relevant experience with a large scale microservices based architecture, event driven architecture and API development (GraphQL and REST),
- Strong security mindset,
- Worked on full scale solutions,
- You can talk easily and spontaneously about most of the offerings on AWS, when to use them, and how, and can explain to junior engineers,
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do.
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.