EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
Systems Software Engineer
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficient to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- Collaborate with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and expresses an interest in systems level work.
- Understand C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Advanced debugging skills.
- Understand parallel programming considerations, resource management, and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- Proficient in C++.
- Understand x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.