Olympics.com is a global destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages on olympics.com. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement.
Olympic Channel Services is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team who is passionate about Networking, Cybersecurity, and Automation (scripting, infrastructure as code).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, configure, implement, manage, and support all installed systems and infrastructure (network switches, firewalls, operating systems, broadcast devices).
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Contribute positively to our Infrastructure's technical design, identifying areas of improvement and suggesting and designing solutions.
• Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that positively impact our business.
• Troubleshoot security and network problems.
• Respond to all system and network security breaches.
• Participate on a rotating and remote on-call schedule (approx. 1 week every 2 months).
Skills & Requirements
• Strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocols and OSI model.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of VPN, IPsec, DHCP, DNS, HTTPS, etc.
• Proven working experience with Fortinet firewalls and Cisco Network devices.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Kubernetes, Docker).
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Amazon AWS and Alibaba Cloud.
• Experience with monitoring systems (e.g., Zabbix, Datadog, ELK).
• Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation).
• Scripting skills (e.g., Python, Shell scripts, Power Shell, Go).
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques is appreciated.
• Work experience with cybersecurity incident detection, incident response, and security audit.
Workplace & Environment
• Permanent position based in Madrid, with a flexible 30% working from home allowance (subject to updates of the policy)
• Fast-paced international work environment
• Subject to national/international criminal background checks.
About Olympic Channel Services