Systems Engineer in Madrid
Olympic Channel Services
Olympics.com is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, Olympics.com provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages. Olympics.com was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting Olympics.com are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. Olympics.com is available worldwide online, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
Olympics.com is seeking to fill a permanent position as Systems Engineer to work in the Systems Engineering unit, part of the Technical Operations department. This engineer will coordinate all of the Olympics.com’s Content Creation Platforms infrastructure and systems together with all the necessary activities to ensure their performance and quality in a 24/7 operation. He/she will be responsible for the security and service quality levels, manage the design, implementation, operation and support of the systems within Olympics.com and ensures that all services are produced and maintained at the required quality levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional management: responsible of maintaining, improving and administrating the backend infrastructure related to content creation systems and applications ; will ensure that the potential impact of new projects and applications on infrastructure (including resources for their introduction and lifetime support) is understood and communicated to the projects teams; responsible for implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance related to network infrastructure in order to maintain fully functional infrastructure, compatible with latest industry standards; analyze and propose solutions for the continuous improvement of the productivity.
- Application Design: contribute to the definition of general specifications for the applications you are in charge of; perform the technical analysis and the detailed study; model processes according to the appropriate methodology for the infrastructure systems; suggest improvements or new designs to existing applications and tools.
- L2 Support and Maintenance: be part of the support escalation chain when necessary and participate on the advanced maintenance and improvement tasks; evaluate applications and systems performance and enhances when possible; carry out or supervise development and system integration activities.
- Propose, specify and evaluate test procedures that would be in place for any system implementation.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience working with IT systems and networking, ideally applied to media environments with expertise on the associated infrastructure: networking and related equipment (switches, firewall, routers), Windows Active Directory, virtualization, storage NAS / SAN, SQL and Oracle databases, Unix/Linux distributions, automated deployments and patching, monitoring systems administrator
- Knowledge on public clouds (AWS, Alibaba, Azure).
- Experience in commissioning and support software applications related to content creation activities
- Experience with media industry systems and applications used for content creation, audiovisual contribution and distribution, or similar, is a plus.
- Telecom, IT Engineering or related studies are highly desired.
- Strong background at administrator level in the IT technologies mentioned above
- Good understanding of API integrations, REST and SOAP, is a plus
- Knowledge in monitoring, analytics, and metrics from the supported infrastructure
- To be familiar with the media industry A-V formats, standards, codecs, and the better use case for each
- Ability to resolve problems, proactivity is a must.
- Work excellence in each project, tasks and documentation
- Team collaborative oriented work, keeping the documentation up to date for the rests of the team members and avoid gaps on the shared knowledge
- Fluent English spoken and written.
Workplace & Environment
- Permanent position based in our offices in Madrid, Spain
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
- Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor.
About Olympic Channel Services