Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Systems Engineering team is in charge of the design of new spacecraft models, the negotiation of technical system requirements, the requirement verification plan and specification, and the management and definition of systems budgets and interfaces.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a Systems Engineer you will own the design of a subsystem: manage requirements, lead the conceptual design phase, perform trade studies of different architectures, establish Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), specify the subsystem verification plan, and own and trade system budgets.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG).
- Technically lead the subsystem activities.
- Be the primary technical point of contact responsible for the subsystem on any project, interfacing with other systems engineers (Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, etc).
- Interpret mission specific and spacecraft system level requirements and establish the baseline technical requirements for the subsystem.
- Lead the concept design phase and establish key TPMs for trade-off analysis during early stages of the project
- Prepare/update/present subsystem design analysis documentation for design reviews throughout the project life cycle milestones & reviews.
- Establish integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem development.
- Provide technical input to future developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes.
- Oversee the subsystem manufacturing and AIT activities.
- Identify, assess, and track technical risks for each mission.
- Manage any anomalies or non-conformances occurring throughout the project life cycle and present WAVs, DEVs or NCRs.
- BSc in STEM
- 3+ years of experience in engineering design (any field)
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze problems and search for solutions, always exploring multiple alternatives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Organization: Excellent people, time, and risk management skills.
- Systems Thinking: Understanding trade-offs, basic engineering, and budgets.
- Attitude: Empathy, initiative, accountability.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please feel free to specify your pronouns following your name on the application.