Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder, Kazoom Casino and Casino Secret, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About the Team
The Systems Engineer / DevOps is an important member of the IT Operations team.
Our mission is to deliver highly available, performant, scalable and self-healing stacks using CI/CD pipelines so that our services run with zero downtime. Our mindset is to deliver the best technology stacks needed by the business.
We pride ourselves on continuously improving our setup and tools. We research, evaluate, implement, iterate.
A few of the cool things we are up to:
- We make a real impact by proactively delivering top-notch systems and tooling.
- We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- We are passionate about automation, monitoring, and scalable systems.
- We take pride and accountability in the systems we create and maintain.
As a Systems Engineer / DevOps You Will:
- Work closely with the development team to build and support various gaming products.
- Endorse a DevOps mentality in getting stuff done.
- Manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through to day-to-day operations.
- Research, evaluate and implement various technologies to improve our gaming platform efficiency, performance and availability.
- Work regularly with open source technologies.
- Maintain internal and compliance-related documentation.
- Is experienced with on-premise hosting and cloud providers such as AWS.
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security around both data centre and cloud-based environments.
- Strives to build and maintain highly available business-critical systems within a microservices environment.
- Has a deep understanding of Linux and is comfortable with scripting.
- Experience with Kubernetes would be considered an asset.
- Endorses Infrastructure as Code, automation and is familiar with Git.
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of solving complex technical problems in a 24x7 environment.
- Has demonstrated practical experience with technologies such as CDNs, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, docker, messaging systems, orchestration tooling, monitoring, log aggregation.
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces in Malta. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive base salary
- Continuous leadership development to set you up for success and growth within the role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms out there
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, motivated colleagues from more than 30 countries
- Private health insurance
- Wellness incentives, including gym passes
- Gourmet lunches and healthy snacks prepared by our in-house chefs
- Social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organisation
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers