We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot scytl and customers infrastructures. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Experience in designing, planning and executing infrastructure projects.
- Linux Expertise (+5 year). Nice to have some certification like LPI, RHCSA.
- Extra points for experience in security and performance tuning.
- Experience in virtualization. (Ideally: OpenStack, VMWare).
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the following technologies: Apache web server, Tomcat, Oracle DB, Java, GIT, Jenkins.
- Networking knowledge is a must.
- Scripting knowledge is a must (Ansible).
- Cloud knowledge: AWS or Azure
- Some Windows knowledge is appreciated.
- Good communication and team work skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Availability to be on call.
- Availability to travel (very sporadically).
- Fluent in English.
Benefits & Perks
- International working environment;
- Creative and results focused team;
- Great office in Barcelona center.
- Free fruit and coffee at the office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership (DIR & G4L)
- Free language classes
- Flexible compensation plan
- Flexible working hours (depending on project).
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.