We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Systems Engineer as part of our Professional Services organization.
The role is directly responsible for delivering best-in-class system engineering consulting services to Openbravo Clients and, as needed, Business Partners, being part of a project team together with other Openbravo consultants and/or developers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in systems engineering and/or performance engineering, preferably related to POS/Retail and/or business software applications, as well as client delivery background.
Position will be based in our office located in Barcelona. Other Openbravo offices (e.g. Pamplona) could be potentially considered.
The position of Systems Engineer involves the following areas of responsibility:
- Analyze, design and improve architecture and
configuration, as well as optimize performance of new or existing
- Determine and generate server-side requirements covering:
o Hardware and its sizing
o Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server
o Architecture: single server, multiple servers, cluster, load balancing.
o Configuration: DB, Application Server parameters.
- Determine and generate client-side requirements covering:
o Hardware and Software Stack.
- Determine and generate other area requirements covering:
o Integration with third parties.
o Network configuration.
o Maintenance and disaster recovery plan.
o Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance.
- Generate a set of acceptance test requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative technological solutions as an input for your work
- Help build architectural evolution plans to develop our platform and work closely with the development team for its delivery.
- Be a proactive advisor of Openbravo Product Development area.
o Assist in developing and implementing best practices for Openbravo maintenance and backups.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The professional we are seeking:
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a
related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of
education, technical training, or work experience.
- Has 2+ years of related systems and/or performance engineering experience.
- Has a solid technical background with solid working knowledge of:
o PostgreSQL (preferably) or Oracle database administration.
o PL/SQL (along with query optimization).
o Tomcat (or other application server).
o Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning.
o Shell scripting.
o Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup.
o Amazon EC2 (or other cloud ISPs).
o Server monitoring tools (e.g. Munin)
o DB Performance and scalability.
o Java Performance and scalability.
o Application Performance Monitoring Tools (e.g. AppDynamics,
AppNeta, New Relic, etc..)
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Has good communication skills, used to work in a client setting.
- Is fully proficient to work in at least English and Spanish. French is a plus.
- Is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment.
- Has availability to travel as required for the success of the business.
What we offer:
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!