This position will be part of the Processes & Systems team inside the Customer Experience (CX) Enablement business unit. The CX Enablement team empowers and facilitates all CX teams to focus on what is most important: our customers! We provide our teams with the product knowledge, data, and insights they need, work to continuously evolve our processes as we scale, and look after systems.
As a Systems Architect, you will be reporting to the Team Lead of Processes & Systems. You would collaborate closely with the CX Enablement team and cross-functional stakeholders to recommend and lead projects aimed at improving the CX's workflows, tools, communication systems, and performance against the current set of KPIs. Automation is key, and streamlining the way we work is an essential part of the role.This position can be filled remotely within Ireland, Spain, Germany, Netherlands or the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the administration of our internal tools (Zendesk, Gainsight, etc.), and administering them with confidence and resourcefulness
- Being a point person for all questions and concerns about our internal tools
- Leading projects aimed at improving CX's workflows, tools, communication systems, and performance
- Responding to incident reports involving our internal tools and taking lead during the resolution process
- Ensuring that all team workflows are optimized, and that changes to these are communicated and implemented effectively with empathy
- Taking an active role in leading continuous improvement and proposals of innovative solutions for complex processes that contribute to achieving our goals
- Creating structured documentation and learning resources (self-directed training courses, etc.) around each of our internal tools to increase adoption and remove knowledge bottlenecks
- Collecting and prioritizing requests from CX teams to help them achieve their needs
- Contribute to our tooling strategy by constantly evaluating our existing tool set, and identifying areas where we can improve
- Helping to monitor the quality and effectiveness of the tools we use and boost efficiency on the team as we scale
- Working with your team to determine and prioritise the most high impact projects
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You enjoy fixing things when they break, and you're thrilled at the opportunity to use automation and tooling to solve anticipated problems
- Familiarity and understanding of multiple web concepts (APIs, webhooks, etc.) and their applications
- Previous experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, etc.)
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills, and can get a complex task done on a timeline with multiple stakeholders
- Being comfortable selecting, installing, and launching new tools and systems across multiple teams
- Exhibiting tact, consideration, and poise under pressure when working through tough problems with your team and leadership
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills (C1 level)
- A self-learner who happily dives into new and complex technical tools to increase your knowledge, leveraging this within the team
- Qualification/certification in the field of automation is a plus
- Certification for Zendesk and/or Gainsight Administrator is a huge plus
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between two mobility options: JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
Personio is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. As we continue to scale, we focus on enabling our employees to grow both personally and professionally.
We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.
Will you join us in shaping the future of HR in Europe?
In 2019, tech consultancy GP Bullhound included Personio in a list of 50 European start-ups set to achieve a billion-dollar valuation over the next two years, giving them ‘unicorn’ status.