We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
If you like solving hard problems and developing solutions that are highly scalable and high performing, that require minimal long term sustaining and development support, then you may be the pioneer we're looking for! Amazon Operations Technology is looking for a customer focused, detail oriented, experienced System Development Engineer to join our Product Integration team. This team is responsible for all global core services and infrastructure within the Operations Technology space. Our systems support over 100,000 Amazonians and hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and believe that world class service is critical to customer happiness.
. Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation sites simple and efficient. In this role you will have the opportunity to design solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand.
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior engineers to drive improvements to our technology, write code to build new services that enable self-service and automatic deployment and enrollment of devices, and do so securely. Your work will help provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's issues. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
As a Systems Development Engineer working on the Product Integration team you will:
· Build automation to create services using AWS products and internal tools.
· Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
· Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services.
· Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
· Build automation to report on the health of your products and devices and integrate with other Amazon systems
· Uphold a high standard of code quality and engineering excellence.
· 2+ years coding in Java, Ruby, Python or other DevOps oriented languages
· Understanding of Linux/UNIX, RADIUS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and deployment using AWS
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Eager to learn, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Vendor management experience
· Ability to drive innovation
· Python application development experience
· Knowledge about at least one Mobile Device Management Platform and Apple iOS and/or Android hardware including OS and firmware patching and application deployment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills