Hi, we're UserZoom - nice to meet you! If you’ve never heard of us before, we help companies get the user experience (UX) insights they need to deliver great digital experiences at scale through our all-in-one software platform (both web and mobile) and professional services teams.
We believe that every company will soon be a digital experience company, and we want to help make those digital experiences better. We do this by providing UX insights to some of the biggest brands in the world so they, in turn, can improve the experience they give their customers.
Check out more info here: www.userzoom.com
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team (our UZ family can be found in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland) you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing. As UserZoom grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserZoom is like a family - we're both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of social events (if you like to get involved).
What will you do?
We are looking for a mixed SysOps/DevOps role who will join the Cloud team based in Barcelona. This is a transversal role and our mission is to maintain a high-performance distributed application mainly using containerization tools like Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure on AWS. The second important mission of the team is to share the knowledge and implement the same methods across the product teams.
The Cloud team you will be part of have been evolved from the Systems team along with UserZoom and the idea of looking for a mixed SysOps / DevOps role is to embrace both worlds: the traditional Sysadmin with the current DevOps approaches.
Your daily tasks would include, but not be limited to:
- Improving and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters on EKS
- Providing platform observability with tools like Datadog, CloudWatch, etc.
- Designing, improving and implement Cloud environment technologies
- Identify requirements for upgrading/scaling our infrastructure systems to improve security, reliability, and performance automatically through mechanisms like automation
- Automate infrastructure provisioning using Terraform, SaltStack and other tools
- Being a technology reference to our internal team and respond to requests from devs with the DevOps and GitOps culture
- Support on-going DevOps team members in the performance of their duties including the development, deployment, and process automation using ArgoCD, Terraform, Jenkins or other tools
Things we think that are important for this position:
- Deep understanding of AWS
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes
- Desirable understanding of terraform and helm
- Experience working with scalable, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant web systems
- Strong background on system and infrastructure administration
Nice to have:
- Experience with configuration management: SaltStack
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- Experience with continuous delivery and GitOps (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD).
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLServer, MySQL)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl or Python)
- Experience with observability tools like Datadog
- Fluent English
- Some Windows experience
- Career path
- Birthday as an additional holiday
- Spanish/ English lessons
- Referral program
- Flexible retribution
- (Zoom) Team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Private Health insurance (AXA)
- Training & development program
- International working environment