eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
Within our lodging Bedbank Engrande S.L., as a devops you will be part of a technologically driven online travel agency (OTA) based in Barcelona.
We are working on a new Bedbank platform that will serve millions of requests a day. We are applying our experience in lodging systems and microservices architecture to build a state of the art bedbank.
We believe that great businesses come from great products built by great teams. That is why the tech team is constantly investing in infrastructure and software quality. We want our team to excel in our IT solutions.
We put a lot of emphasis on scalability, reliability and reproducibility of our systems, supporting our continuous integration and delivery flow.
Our main way of develop our systems is through ansible, but we are open to test and adopt other technologies if they fit better to solve a specific problem. We love to challenge our limits in order to give great value to the business.
We keep the team excited offering a culture of training and innovation through trainings and pilot projects. You will have the opportunity to show us your talent and to help us to be ahead in the technology front..
We are a team with a lot of passion about technology. If you join us we are sure that you will have fun and learn a lot from us (as us from you) and grow together as professionals.
- Develop and maintain systems to support the company business. With special attention to reliability.
- Monitor our systems and find new ways to improve its performance and predict future failures
- Work in our multidisciplinary team and stakeholders, helping to understand business requirements, formulate use cases and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Define, analyse and integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases.
- Analyse and optimize our infrastructure access and design.
- Help in defining, analysing and implementing any system tool that may help increase the team’s productivity.
- Have fun launching servers and pods
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Strong working knowledge of automation, preferably ansible
- Strong working knowledge of the nginx+php stack
- Experience with Databases (mysql, postgresql and elasticsearch)
- Experience with CI systems.
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS) and physical servers
- Microservices technology understanding and architecting.
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an agile development culture.
- Proficient English communication skills.
- Personal interest for continuous learning and self improvement.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
You have experience with (or you would love to learn):
- Python, go, php, perl,…
- Databases like InfluxDB, MongoDB, Cassandra…
- Ansible, Puppet,…
- Microservice Architectures
- Docker, LXC, Vagrant …