At Doist, we strive to build not only amazing products but amazing groups of people. Our multidisciplinary teams are passionate about creating products like Todoist and Twist that improve people’s lives. They thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
Doist is a global, remote-first company and we believe that our way of working– independent of borders and time zones– is the future. As part of the team developing Twist for macOS and iOS, you’ll play a key role in helping us inspire the workplace of the future.
we launched Twist in June of 2017, over 50,000 people have started
using the app to communicate more efficiently and calmly with their
teams. In this role, you’ll work on developing both Twist’s macOS and
iOS clients and in order to provide our users with a fantastic and
stable experience across their Apple devices.
We're looking for someone with:
- A solid grasp of Swift and iOS, as you’ll need to stay up-to-date on all both apps’ codebases
- A basic grasp of AppKit (Twist for macOS is a native app)
- Good understanding of KVO, CoreData, AutoLayout, TextKit – we use these extensively
- A basic understanding of CoreAnimation
- It’s a plus if you have some experience with functional testing
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and the ability to clearly express your ideas to a multicultural team
- Proven ability to work autonomously and stay self-motivated
Who we are and what we value
At Doist, we’ve always questioned the conventional way of doing things. While other startups live and die on VC funding, we’ve built our company independently and sustainably. While other companies seek a quick exit by acquisition, our team doubles down on our long-term vision.
Our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way of working and living. We value simplicity over complexity, democracy over hierarchy, and craft over credentials.
The Doist team’s core values are: responsibility + independence, passion + craftsmanship, awareness + balance, team-player, respect + professionalism, clear communication, focus + impact, self-mastery, and courage.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will continue to grow for decades to come. That means we value work-life balance and invest in our employees’ long-term growth.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays
- Education stipends
- Flexible schedule and location
- Home office perks
- And much more
This is a remote position, so you’re free to work from wherever you please on whatever schedule works best for you. You’ll also have the option to work from our office in Porto, Portugal or rent a coworking space in the city where you live. We invite you to learn more about how we work on Doist’s Ambition & Balance blog.