We’re looking to add a Strategic Projects Manager to our BP&A (Business Planning & Analysis) team. This new team member will be instrumental in scaling Nextail’s operations as we continue to make the retail world a better, more sustainable place.
At Nextail, we empower retailers to create better experiences while using fewer of the world's resources. The cloud-based platform uses artificial intelligence, prescriptive analytics, and optimization to deliver agile merchandising decisions. To date, we’re backed by more than $12M in funding from leading venture capital investors and are working with global retailers like Versace, River Island, and Pepe Jeans.
The ideal candidate has a highly analytical mind, solid experience in delivering transversal projects, and a love for technology.
You will be:
- Working closely with the business to identify improvement initiatives and converting them into actionable projects, with a defined scope, impact and timelines.
- Working with both technical and non-technical teams to identify areas for improvement, designing solutions and coordinating delivery in order to bring continuous improvement of our operations.
- Monitoring and measuring project performance, including analysis of impact upon successful completion.
- Coordinating the project portfolio to ensure timely and continuous delivery.
- Coordinating internal resources and third party providers to ensure a seamless delivery of projects.
- Managing intra-project dependencies and scope to ensure delivery, careful use of resources and fully operable, impactful solutions.
- Developing all supporting documentation (project plan, process maps, tool descriptions, specifications, etc).
- High flexibility: We’re strong believers that what matters most are results. Each Nextailer is empowered, through trust and ownership, to organize their time as they see fit without jeopardizing the time or work of their colleagues.
- Remote-first philosophy: Nextail started as a remote company and continues to offer a nice mix of remote and/or office-based environments around the world.
- International environment: We operate across the globe, with recent operations reaching from Europe all the way to Australia, and our team alone consists of professionals of more than 15 different nationalities. While many of us are multilingual, our working language is English.
- Diversity on all levels: United as a single team, we celebrate diversity at every dimension*. Professionally speaking, are you ready to work alongside tech geniuses, data science magicians, and fashionistas? You’ll have teammates with extensive experience in a wide variety of professional fields, including technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- The laptop of your choice: We want you to work with the tools that are most comfortable for you!
- Flexible compensation plan: We offer a fixed + variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising round.
- You are experienced in change management/business improvement (management consulting background is a plus). Ideally you have been exposed to the (fashion) retail industry and/or to supply chain challenges.
- You are a team player with cross-functional experience and used to working independently and in a distributed environment. You are able to juggle multiple priorities at the same time and under time pressure.
- You can demonstrate strong project management (certification is a plus) and client service skills developed in a project or program management function or a consulting environment.
- Your analytical skills are top-notch and enable you to understand situations at hand becoming a key asset to support your project management responsibilities.
- You love technology and how it can help organizations achieve superior results. As a plus, you bring a strong understanding of information technology and of agile development methodologies, and have experience managing IT projects with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.