Curelator is a digital health company focused on developing a clinical grade disease management platform for patients and clinicians. The company is base in Cambridge MA with operations in the US as well as Spain (Barcelona), UK and Germany.
Our product is a patient-centric, digital platform that combines population data and individual data (n=1) analytics to measure the impact of a wide spectrum of factors on individuals with episodic and chronic diseases who have debilitating attacks.
Curelator Headache, our first application, is being used in clinical studies with multiple institutions, which have generated several groundbreaking findings that have advanced the clinical management of migraine. Curelator collects patient reported data remotely and provide individual analysis to headache clinics.
We are looking for full-time contractor statistician / data scientist (R and Python), intermediate or senior level, to be part of our data analysis department. Data analysis is at the core of Curelator and drives new features and new product development. You will play a key role in building the next generation of tools for our data analysis engines. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a product that is evolving quickly with multiple new features and challenges. We have been collecting data since 2014 and are now sitting on a treasure trove full of insights and new knowledge yet to be discovered.
As a statistician / data scientist you will:
- Devise and apply new population and N=1 analytical models to multivariate longitudinal data of moderate to high complexity.
- Work on multiple data analysis projects leading to publication and new product features.
- Work in a wide range of areas (not limited to): data management and programming tasks, adaptation of programs and analyses to meet dynamic changes in analysis specifications.
- Participate in data analysis strategic discussions.
- Work with world-renowned clinicians and scientists on publications and papers.
- Work on our internal data management toolset.
- Participate in code reviews.
This is an interesting opportunity to be part of one of the leading migraine data analysis group. We are strong believers in using the right tool for the right job and we hire people who like challenges and keeping up with state-of-the-art analytical models.
You will work closely with our CEO, Clinical VP, Product Manager, Designers and other developers (web, mobile and backend). We have smart and fun team of effective and communicative people spread between Boston, Barcelona and the UK. We are looking for someone based in Barcelona, who can work part-time remote and part time from our office, with strong communication skills generally and especially in English.
- R and / or Python data analysis toolset experience.
- Experience integrating R with Python (r2py, pandas) desirable.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Classical Statistics, Bayesian Statistics, Survival Analysis models, Machine Learning applied to life sciences.
- Experience in running clinical trials.
- Amazing human, self-motivated and strong teamwork skills.
- MS in Statistics / Biostatistics, Computer Science or Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
Between €35,000 and €55,000, depending on the experience, plus an equity sharing plan.