We are looking for people who are sharp, creative and hardworking, with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartnwer’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well-positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the Cloud First world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Supportive Leadership – An industry-leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a gro
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Valencia, Spain
We have a terrific opportunity in our Zscaler Remote Browser Isolation team for a GoLang Software Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is working on cutting edge Browser Isolation technology to evolve our current cloud security flagship products: ZIA and ZPA.
As a Software Engineer (Go) in the Cloud Browser Isolation team you will be responsible for building and running microservices underpinning our customer facing product.The ideal candidate will play a key role in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition and design, through implementation and testing, to supporting Operations team in production and to issue resolution.
You'll be leading the way with the latest technologies including:
- Microservices development with Go
- Data persistence and caching with PostgreSQL, S3 and Redis
- Cloud native containerized infrastructure with docker and kubernetes
- Proactive monitoring and metrics collection with Prometheus/Grafana
- Cloud infrastructure with Amazon Web Services
We are not expecting you to know all of them but we expect you to be highly passionate and have willingness to learn and develop with the help of our senior engineering team.
Our Philosophy of Engineering
Teamwork is fundamental to what we do at Zscaler. Collaboration enables us to complement each other's skill sets, solve hard technical problems and ultimately deliver what matters: value to our customers.
For us engineering means more than building quality, tested code. Engineering also means thinking about:
- How the code runs in a production environment,
- How the things you build impacts security of the product,
- How it can be scaled effectively,
- How operation team observes the system to ensure service availability,
- How support and QA effectively diagnose issues, and above all, what value it provides to the customer.
Collaboration is key in this role as you would end up working with different teams and horizontal functional leads. You shouldn’t be afraid to challenge things and do the right thing for the product.
- Analyze and implement solutions based on requirements of one or more microservices core to product functionality
- Develop non-functionals requirements such as real-time monitoring, metrics, alerts and great logging strategies
- Collaborate with architects and technical leads to review the designs based on business and technical constraints
- Ensure services are reliable by writing unit tests and integration tests, and ensure reliability, availability and security are always top priority.
- Efficiently diagnose customer issues and take ownership of issue resolution
About the Team
The Isolation Platform is a small distributed team that works fast and lives on the cutting edge of software engineering in backend, frontend and infrastructure. We like open-source but we are not afraid of building stuff ourselves where it makes sense and we can optimize something. Our philosophy is: done is better than perfect and we strive to work iteratively and optimize our processes along the way so that we can achieve reliable and fast product deliverables that delight our customers. The environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity to drive effective results. This role may interface with customers, subject matter experts, technical experts, developers and other QA engineers located globally and in different time zones.
- Experience of software engineering experience (backend development preferred)
- Solid grasp on data structures and object-oriented design and automation frameworks
- Experience with GoLang
- Able to design and build RESTful services and APIs in a microservice based architecture
- Experience developing in public cloud environments (AWS/GC/Azure)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and container orchestration like Kubernetes represents a plus
- Comfortable with scoping effort and estimating development tasks
- Debugging/troubleshooting experience on performance and memory issues
- Pleasant to work with, passion for solving customer problems with a can-do attitude
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.