At Celonis, we have a variety of different frontend challenges ranging from building forms, components, and pages for our products, reusable components, component libraries, design systems, micro frontend architectures, and highly optimized visualizations that render big data, frontend SDKs, etc.
You will be assigned to the team that better matches your skill set so we can help you unlock your full capacity to deliver/perform at your best.
Together as a team, we will decide how to build or improve our products.
Note: Our model is hybrid and we visit our office once per week
As a Staff Software Engineer at Celonis, your responsibility is to find the best technical solutions by applying front-end technologies to deliver a unique product, provide mentoring and be a subject matter expert in Front End technologies at Celonis EMS.
Working at Celonis, you will have a great impact on companies around the globe as they will improve their working processes to, for example, save money, become more efficient, and even reduce CO2/ Pollution, delivering a healthier planet for future generations.
We are at the frontier of frontend engineering, pushing the frontend boundaries to make our EMS platform a reality, by developing new frontend infrastructures to support our extensible / widget based ambition of our product, SDKs and libraries for external developers like our partners, design system to keep all our products with the same look & feel, etc..
Hence, if you want to be challenged in frontend and push the boundaries of what's already done, Celonis is the tech environment for you to thrive.
At Celonis we work with Agile methodologies.
Our tech stack is: Angular 11, Typescript 3, HTML5 & SASS.
We develop using SOLID principles and focusing on performance.
The work you’ll do:
- Setting technical direction: facilitate and develop a technical vision for an area of the product and get other engineers to move toward that vision.
- Mentorship: you will need to build a strong relationship and understand the needs of the engineers around you. By sharing your experience and advice, you will help them to grow and advance on our engineer's ladder.
- Source of truth: you will need to resolve doubts and suggest approaches for other engineers in the team, related to specific framework, define algorithms, design patterns, best practices..
- Providing engineering perspective: bring the engineering context and perspective into a product or company decisions.
- Exploration : be able to organise the work to explore different future approaches while succeeding on already scoped tasks.
- Being Glue: doing the needed, but often invisible, tasks to keep the team moving forward and shipping its work.
- Write code: help to implement your decisions and establish good practices for the whole of the team.
The qualifications you need:
- University degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge
- 10+ yrs of experience in Frontend Development (as Technical Lead or Architect)
- Passion to develop UX focused web apps
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimisation
- Experience in writing and setting up tests (unit and integration tests) as well as with JS module bundlers such as Webpack
- Expertise mentoring other developers and able to participate in architecture meetings
- Solid understanding how to setup CI/CD pipelines will be a plus
- Good communication skills (English is a must!)
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, retirement plan, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.