Staff Data Scientist in Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
As a Staff Data Scientist, you will be one of the first members of the Data Science function within the Data Team at Travelperk, contributing to building an area that focuses on key business and product problems. This is a key new position in TravelPerk and as such, we’re looking for a highly motivated senior professional who is able to work closely with stakeholders and peers to truly understand our customers, data, tools and ways of working so that we’re able to leverage data science practices, build out a team and help TravelPerk succeed in our product and geo growth.
What you will do:
- Help to define our Data Science Strategy by identifying opportunities within Travelperk
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Data Science projects: discovery and research, evaluation, implementation, deployment, monitoring and iteration.
- Design and build statistical models and algorithms to solve and optimize critical business and product challenges
- Work side by side with Data Analysts and Engineers to build and deliver high-impact data products
What you need:
- 6+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- Excellent analytical skills
You will need to prove the following:
- Experience with a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to solve and optimize critical business and product challenges
- Experience in building models, from design to deployment
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with data visualisation & BI tools (ie Looker, Tableau)
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!