We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
At Glovo Data, our mission is to optimize Glovo’s business via data-driven products and AI-driven experiences. High quality, trusted and reliable data is the foundational layer of everything we do.
Over a year ago, Glovo started moving into Data Mesh, being one of the very few companies operating under this new paradigm today. We believe that our journey towards Data Mesh is still in its early stages, and while we are proud of how much we have achieved so far, we believe that there’s so much to progress in our search for technical excellence.
As the first Staff Data Engineer at Glovo, you will help us iterate and mature our Data Engineering function and take a key role in shaping our Data Mesh strategy and journey. You will be a role model for the 50+ Data Engineers in our Data Community; guiding and mentoring them while tackling interesting challenges. Our goal is to produce Data Products seamlessly, and to achieve it you will collaborate with Platform and domain teams defining best practices, ironing the developer experience and proving new concepts.
You will have the opportunity to influence and rally teams across the company to evolve the Data Engineering function and deliver incremental value to the organization through Data. You will be helping develop mechanisms, processes, tools and technologies to make their jobs more efficient and engaging.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environement that allows you to grow, develop, and make a difference
- Define and demonstrate best practices for developing scalable and reliable Data Products (data modeling, partitioning, quality verification, monitoring and SLAs…), to support both batch and real-time use cases
- Guide and mentor Data Engineering teams in the evolution of Glovo towards Data Mesh
- Create innovative architecture blueprints for new topologies of Data Products
- Collaborate with the Data Platform team in first implementations of new features and influence their roadmap based on the needs of the Data Engineering community
- Represent Glovo and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions
- An empathetic inclusive and curious attitude
- Expert in Data Lakes, Data Warehousing and Data Modeling, including SQL query optimization and data lake performance
- Proficient writing reusable, testable, and efficient Python code
- Vast cloud data engineering experience in at least one cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Proficiency with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, Flink/Beam...) and orchestrators (airflow, dbt...).
- Understanding of streaming platforms, such as Kafka and management of semi-structured schema languages (such as json, avro)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence senior level management and stakeholders.
- Skilled change manager: comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth.
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- GAS: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.